Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our Centers of Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) customer where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We foster a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
As Customer Support Tier 2 Manager, you will be responsible for managing and providing day-to-day leadership to team of direct report IT Support Technicians dedicated to delivering deskside support to end users located at the customer's locations within the assigned region. You will be responsible for delivering services within the service levels of the contractual scope of work including end user satisfaction and other account measures. You will support, train, provide best practice coaching, and implementation processes for the Tier 2 team supporting end users. Support efforts to implement Agile methodologies and techniques (Scrum, Kanban) into IT Operations, including standing up Scrum teams and participating in ceremonies. Configuring and administering projects, dashboards, and task boards in Jira and Confluence
• Provide technical leadership and troubleshooting guidance to the Tier 2 team.
• Plan development, conducting performance reviews, and coordinating professional development plans.
• Engage and coordinate all Tier 2 support for technical upgrades and environment changes with the Tier 3 Engineering teams and Service Desk.
• Plan, organize, coordinate, and maintain effective on-site and remote Deskside support services for all IT supported hardware, software, and Windows and Mac operating systems, applications and all peripheral devices.
• Handle escalation of complaints or complex issues.
• Assure the IT Deskside Team is effective and efficient, meeting established SLAs and the needs of our customers.
• Responsible for all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, escalation, and resolution of end user requests.
• Facilitate and/or oversee technical, procedural and diagnostic training to IT Deskside Technician team.
• Participate and contribute in all high severity incident, problem and change management processes.
• Oversee the maintenance of an accurate inventory of all IT equipment associated with Deskside Support (spare parts and end user equipment, etc)
• Perform regular reporting on staff effectiveness and customer satisfaction.
• Assist in and approve the developing and documenting of changes and improvements to current processes, knowledge base and help files.
• Provide technical support, as needed.
• Stay informed and current in new and emerging technologies and customer objectives and make recommendations to IT leadership and architecture groups.
• Develop and maintain customer satisfaction metrics
• Implement and promote customer service best practices.
• Be the point of contact for high priority problems and issues, making sure they are resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible, and working on solutions to eradicate repeat problems for the future.
• Motivating and instilling a professional ethos and pride within the team.
• Continuous improvements from customer feedback
• Conducting regular one-to-one meetings with the team members to drive performance
• Ensure development of and team adherence to processes and policies
• Hold regular workload management meetings with the team to ensure work is being allocated appropriately and that the team is meeting its objectives both within the business and for the customer
• Communicate customer risk and concerns to team leaders and upper management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems with 5+ years of experience, 2 of those years in a supervising role.
• Four years working knowledge of End User Computing (Desktop etc.) and associated technologies
• Four years face-to-face customer service experience.
• Technical certifications: MCP, Dell/EMC, CompTia A+, Network+, Server+
• Team player with good communication, organizational, and strong interpersonal skills. - Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
• Experience using IT Service Management software (ServiceNow )
• Extensive hands-on experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Office Suite 2016 (Outlook, Visio, Project, etc.) and Microsoft Windows (7, 8.1, 10) with the end users.
• Must have experience managing technologies that span across all end-user hardware and software.
• Experience troubleshooting, testing, and deploying standard endpoint images.
• Strong technical knowledge of telecommunications and network systems.
• Must have extensive working knowledge of PC/Mac operating systems (high level of Mac users vs. PC)
• Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards.
• Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
• Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
Experience working in agile environment
• Competency in Atlassian Jira and Confluence
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.