No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Technical & non-technical training opportunities
- Mentorship Program
In this role, you can also expect to gain
- NESC expertise
- Electrical Power Calculations
- Interactions with other disciplines(Substation, Protection & Controls, and Civil Structural)
- Time management and organizational skills
We are seeking a qualified SCADA Engineer who will be responsible for:
- Analyzing designing, commissioning, configuring and testing of SCADA systems
- Demonstrate Proficiency in:
- Taking ownership of projects
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Apply standard engineering techniques and procedures
- Flexibility and desire to meet client needs
- Commitment to Schedule
- Meeting and exceeding client satisfaction goals
- Design and understanding of SCADA systems
- Specification and application of data communication systems and SCADA components
- Development and implementation of master station database
- Design and implementation of HMI graphical screens and data reports
- Configuration and testing of SCADA equipment including, but not limited to Remote Terminal Unit /RTU’s (SEL, Novatech, ACS, GE), communication based annunciators, smart meters, SEL 3610’s, GPS clocks, analog modems, Cisco routers, switches and relays.
- Create, modify and comprehend RTU point-lists
- Performing pre-energization control circuit checks and verifying schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Performing end to end checks of a SCADA system connected to in-service devices.
- Ability to modify drawings to reflect As-Built conditions.
- Prepare final documentation for site turnover after job completion.
- Working knowledge of NERC CIP compliance
- Experience with DNP, 61850, SEL Fast Messaging and Modbus protocols
- Expertise with PLC hardware and software is beneficial
- Experience with the ASE 2000 Test Set
- Experience troubleshooting and verifying performance of data radio communications systems a plus
Bachelor's degree Electrical Engineer and 4+ years relevant experience. Working as engineering consultant to a utility or working directly for a Utility is a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.