Project Manager/ Substation Electric Utilities
Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for a Substation Project Manager who will work alongside lead engineers and account managers for various clients supported by the Power Delivery Services division at either our Framingham MA or Durham NC offices. The Project Manager will be part of an established Project Management team that provides consulting services to both public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities. These consulting services provide clients with overall project management tasks in the areas of comprehensive engineering design of electrical transmission and distribution, substation and transmission line projects nationwide.
Substation Project Manager Responsibilities:
• Managing various sized substation project for public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities
• Responsible for overall project performance as well as managing the scope, schedule, budget, and safety performance
• Ensures project costs, schedule and scope are managed, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within approved limits
• Interfaces directly with the client and internal management to report progress, costs, schedule and risks across a portfolio of substation, transmission and distribution projects
• Interfacing and communicating with clients, internal project teams, multiple engineering disciplines, functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel
• Proposal development: including scope, schedule and budget development
• Writing comprehensive and technical project reports
• Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Business or Finance required with an additional 5+ years’ of relevant Project Management experience or a Masters with 2+ years of relevant Project Management experience
• Must demonstrate recent and in-depth expertise in electric power infrastructure projects and transmission and distribution design
• PMP Certification is preferred but not required
• Must have demonstrated success with a team approach to the consulting business
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with electric power industry and knowledge of business issues associated with power delivery services
• Periodic travel is required
• Master’s degree
• PMP Certification
• Hands-on experience managing electric power utility projects
**Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.