EPC Project Manager / Electric Utilities
Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for an Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Project Manager with generation interconnection project experience in the Electric Utility Industry. The position will have client facing responsibilities, such as driving scope execution, schedule/resource management, financial management, contract management and risk mitigation.
The Project Manager will be part of an established Project Management Office (PMO) within the PDS Division that provides consulting services to both public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities. These consulting services provide clients with overall project management tasks in the areas of comprehensive engineering design of electrical transmission and distribution, substation and transmission line projects nationwide.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Act as an Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Project Manager and manage the overall execution and performance of large scaled interconnection projects for several investor-owned electric utilities throughout the United States
• Independently manage utility interconnection projects, ensuring all phases of approved project assignments are completed efficiently and within scope, schedule and budget.
• Interface with utility management personnel groups including planning, asset management, engineering, construction, siting, public outreach, and regulatory relations, legal and administrative departments.
• Ensures project costs, schedule and scope are managed, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within stakeholder approve project parameters.
• Client stakeholder engagement will involve progress reporting, capital expenditure forecasting, earned value financial management, schedule adherence and risk mitigation across a portfolio of substation, transmission and distribution projects.
• Lead a team of assistant project managers, project schedulers, project controllers, siting and public outreach personnel, environmental and permitting personnel and multi-discipline engineering departments that are assigned to project work.
• Consistently communicate and work with ease across multiple program and function support areas including: client, project teams, functional leadership, subcontractors, and support personnel.
• Assist client procurement and estimating departments with the preparation of bid documents, development of requests for proposal responses and cost estimates.
• Creation and maintenance of comprehensive project dashboard reports and KPI tracking.
• Oversee various and specific proposal development efforts that accurately defines the project scope, schedule and budgets.
• Manages the development of required outage and construction execution plans.
• Ensures a good working relationship between the project team, line managers, and interfacing organizations.
• Write comprehensive and technical and project reports.
• Responsible for coordinating client billing and invoice resolution.
• Required a Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Business or Finance required with an additional 15+ years’ of relevant Large-Scale Project/Program Management experience or a Masters with 13+ years of relevant experience
• PMP Certification is preferred but not required
• Experience as an EPC Manager with expertise in generation interconnection projects
• Must demonstrate business and technical knowledge and vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers
• Work experience within the electric power industry and knowledge of business issues associated with power delivery services.
• Must have the capability for planning, organizing, directing and tracking technical efforts on assigned tasks.
• Should be capable of tracking cost and schedule status of assigned tasks
• Must be able to interact with customer representatives in an effective manner in briefings meetings
• Must have demonstrated success with a team approach to the consulting business
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills
• Periodic travel is required
Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.