- Prepares, analyzes, operates, maintains, repairs and modifies equipment and/or sample processes.
- Performs a variety of analytical and technical support on products such as equipment, sub/systems, and unknown substances, for on & off-site locations.
- Prepares samples, analyzes and evaluates samples, methods and related performance.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate problem in minimum time and update and change process that any not needed or out of date.
- Create and implement processes to analyze known and unknown substances from undisclosed locations.
- Maintains effective customer communications and relations. May provide support and onsite or off-site training of customer support personnel.
Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and must be able to work effectively in a team environment. They must be able to follow written and oral instructions regarding operational procedures in an emergency operations response environment and carry out tasks with minimal supervision and oversight. Demonstrate the ability to perform all duties in a tactful and professional manner during high stress emergency situations; clear communication and technical writing skills, proficient in Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft applications suite and web-based application environments. Candidate must be able to combine communication and problem solving skills when dealing with representatives from various organizations and information sources during emergent and non-emergent conditions.
***Hours are 2pm to 10pm, Monday - Friday***
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have active SECRET security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret.
- BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Emergency services OR environmental sampling experience, training and/or education.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule outside of the normal 2:00pm - 10:00pm hours when the work load dictates doing so.
- Ability to obtain and maintain qualification to wear a full face air purifying respirator and class III/Level “C” protective ensemble.
- Ability to lift 40lbs routinely
- Past military experience with a background in Chemical, Biological and Radiological monitoring or civilian emergency response.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products and ability to learn new software and systems.
- HAZWOPER training and/or certification.
- Related Associates degree and/or demonstrated ability to analyze and evaluate products, processes and related performance.
- Ability to communicate and interact with technical staff at all levels in a team-based environment.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Recording and sometimes interpreting results to present to senior colleagues.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.