Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Leidos is a unique and growing systems and service integrator, delivering innovative solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and change in frontline digital services. In response to the demands of the growing business Leidos requires a number of Solutions Architects to support the pre-sales, bid and ultimately delivery phases for major government, MoD, critical infrastructure focused IT programmes.
Solution Architects shape and develop holistic solutions in response to primarily business level requirements, with a cognitive ability to ‘abstract’ and ‘connect the dots’. They have an ability to navigate through loosely defined and complex situations to create crisp and clear outcomes. As seasoned professionals, they rely a broad experience across both the business and technical domains, with multiple areas of deep knowledge and experience they bring to bear to create, communicate and deliver holistic technology, service and delivery solutions.
Required Skills and Fit:
The preferred candidate will have the following skills:
- A strong leader, with organisational acumen and personal presence that drives confidence and followership both internally and externally.
- Excellent customer facing and pre-sales skills, including being able to ingest large volumes of requirements and information in a competitive environment, developing clear understanding of customer hot-buttons and needs, building rapport with the client and leading teams to create holistic, relevant, durable and elegant solutions demonstrating cognisence, understanding and relevance in response.
- Experience of working in new business environment, shaping and bidding on large and complex programmes, with outstanding ability to translate often complex technical environments into coherent and understandable solutions communicated both orally and in the written form, often in highly compressed and customer structured response documents.
- Significant, tangible and demonstrable experience in the solution design of large, complex and mission critical IT systems, services and transformation programmes, with a track record of accomplishment bringing credibility to engagements.
- Demonstrable knowledge and cognisence of adjacent disciplines, including programme management, customer relationship management, business development and financial management - ensuring optimised, holistic, winning and deliverable solutions that delight customers.
- An excellent communicator, ensuring solutions are communicated in relevant, compelling and engaging fashions across written, visual and oral mediums, including up to executive level.
- In-depth experience across a number of broad technology disciplines, including domains such as digital transformation, application consolidation, infrastructure design & migration (including Cloud & Data Centre), software development, service integration, and data analytics.
- Excellent knowledge of Service Management and its application to the delivery of successful services.
- Strong knowledge of Cyber Security and its application to modern secure IT systems and services.
In addition the successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience and personal characteristics:
- Demonstrated expertise designing, implementing and integrating large enterprise grade technical solutions meeting complex business requirements
- Ability to provide clear technical leadership whilst working collaboratively with a wider solution and bid team
- Strong problem-solving with the ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment
- Strategic thinker, coupled with an output focused approach to getting the job done – particularly in a bid scenario.
- Quick learner with an in-depth understanding of the capability
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation), including the ability to listen effectively
- Ability to self-manage and work independently, work to tight deadlines, prioritise workloads and work with related business functions
- Will be required to undergo security clearance (SC level minimum).
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Solution Architect
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.