Looking for work life balance?
Here at Leidos we currently have an exciting opening in our Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) for you, our newest Research Scientist to work at Kirtland AFB, NM. This is an exciting opportunity to work at government locations primarily on Kirtland AFB, NM in laboratory settings engaging in research and development of new and innovative high power microwave (HPM) sources and antennas. You will get to interact with scientists, engineers and technicians to design and model new systems, develop test infrastructures, conduct laboratory tests, analyze test results, and write and present test summary reports and scientific reports. If this sounds like you keep reading.
If you love doing these work activities, this could be your dream job:
- Lead efforts in a new laboratory with modern equipment to bring innovative ideas and solutions to the field of high power microwave (HPM) research and development
- Provide subject matter expertise in the design, modeling, testing and characterization of high power microwave sources, including magnetrons, vircators and unique sources, and innovative narrowband and broadband antenna concepts and prototypes
- Work daily with other scientists, and engineers and technicians within Leidos, various government organizations, subcontractors and vendors
- Plan, organize and conduct field demonstrations of HPM systems in conjunction with various government organizations, subcontractors and vendors
- Provide mentorship for junior scientists and engineers
- Design, develop and field diagnostics and data acquisition systems necessary to characterize complex HPM sources and antennas
- Engage in and lead technical discussions at weekly meetings and provide status updates on work activities
- Provide written reports and PowerPoint slides to present research results and innovative solutions
This is you:
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of experience or a MS with 6+ years experience in Physics or Electrical Engineering with significant experience working in the laboratory (~50%)
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance (Top Secret preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex HPM research and development efforts
- Regularly employs innovative thinking to develop new technical solutions to meet and exceed objectives
- Maintains professional associations to stay abreast of latest technologies and advancements
- Ability to analyze data, provide insight into data anomalies, and write accurate and concise test summary reports
- Ability to work well in a laboratory environment and with scientific peers
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience using HFSS or CST, 3D CAD software such as SolidWorks, and
- Current Top Secret security clearance
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Research Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.