Leidos is looking for a Senior Network Security Engineer to join our Corporate Information Security team in Corporate IT. The position can be supported from one of our following locations: Orlando FL, Reston VA, Gaithersburg – MD, or Remote Telework.
As a senior engineer, you will join a team of other cybersecurity engineers and help design and implement the overall network security solutions for a large scale, IP-based corporate network. The Network Security Engineering team focuses on the design, development, deployment, and maintenance of the Leidos corporate network security environment and cloud-based its integrations.
The workload is largely project-focused, and range from project lead assignments to individual task contributions. The senior engineer works autonomously within the scope of the projects or tasks, and report regularly on activities performed and milestones reached. The senior engineer will also identify areas of improvement and propose solutions to challenges within the organization. Additionally, there is a continual feedback and escalation support relationship with the Network Security Operations group. Finally, the senior engineer will also work closely with the other corporate information security groups in their efforts to maintain and enhance the company’s security posture.
- Work on a team of motivated network security engineers in designing, building and deploying network security capabilities for protecting Leidos core networks and information.
- Technology area of responsibility include: next-generation firewalls, web content filtering, network tapping infrastructure, intrusion prevention systems, and any new products and services as assigned.
- Participate in project lifecycle milestones, such as requirements reviews, implementation-level design documentation, and writing standard operating procedures.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in at least one technology or service area offered by the Network Security Engineering team.
- Work closely with engineering team members across infrastructure teams and outside vendors to ensure that features and capabilities are delivered on-schedule and operated according to corporate service level agreements.
- Help develop network security technical roadmaps to drive constant cyber transformation and improvements in Leidos’ defensive posture.
- Describe complex issues or new ideas to large groups or leadership.
- Work closely with the Cybersecurity Intelligence and Response Center Director to ensure network capabilities meet the requirements and needs of the CSIRT team.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8-12 years of experience in an enterprise security or infrastructure engineering role. Additional years of relevant experience, training, and/or professional certifications will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- US citizenship is required and eligible for federal security clearance
- Experience designing, deploying and maintaining enterprise class firewall and web filtering solutions (additional experience, education or training may be considered).
- Experience designing, deploying and maintaining enterprise class IDS/IPS solutions
- Experience designing, deploying and maintaining enterprise class network tapping and packet acquisition services.
- Strong knowledge of the OSI 7-layer model, including common application layer details.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills; person in this role must be able to successfully communicate with management personnel, technical personnel and third parties.
- Experience with common enterprise firewall vendors such as Check Point, Palo Alto, Juniper or Cisco FirePower.
- Ability to write and verbally communicate technical and risk-related concepts effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrate poise and ability to act calmly and competently when encountering technical and non-technical challenges.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
- Experience with a firewall policy management tool such as Tufin, Algosec or Firemon.
- Experience in system administration (Windows or Linux).
- Experience in programing and/or scripting.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.