Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice and other U.S. Government agencies. From emails and instant messages, to serves, electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference.
Leidos is looking for a top notch candidate to perform receptionist and clerical duties in support of one of our federal agency customers in Santa Ana, CA.
This position is expected to start on June 1, 2021. However, employment is contingent on ability to successfully obtain a minimum of a Public Trust Waiver prior to your start date as well as the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Suitability Determination for the duration of this position
The Employee will provide a variety of legal support assistance services. Overtime and travel may be required as needed with proper authorization. Individual may support any division/section within depending on the needs of the office at time of hire.
Typical assignments include the following but not limited to:
Receives telephone calls and visitors to the office. Controls access to the office and insures that only visitors properly cleared are authorized entry.
Notifies staff members of visitors or incoming telephone calls. Takes messages from, and gives messages to visitors when staff members are unavailable.
Handles citizen complaints over the telephone and in person. Directs caller or visitor to proper agency and provides citizen complaint form.
Responds to inquiries, providing general information regarding office programs. Advises caller or visitor to contact the appropriate Federal, State or local agencies concerning matters outside the USAO's purview and furnishes the needed address or telephone number when available.
Receives legal documents (e.g., Civil Rights complaints) and notifies appropriate person of receipt. Organizes and maintains in binders any necessary form or other documents in prescribed manner.
Maintains an up-to-date telephone listing and files of addresses of departments and agencies. Maintains necessary telephone directories needed by the office.
Reserves conference rooms upon request.
Receives, reviews, and distributes incoming mail, including interoffice mail and service of process. Checks mail and annotates accordingly. Immediately notifies appropriate staff members when hand-delivered incoming mail, FedEx and UPS deliveries, and FAXs are received and places in appropriate internal mailbox.
Receives requests for office supplies from co-located personnel and submits interoffice orders for replenishment as needed.
Receives reports of malfunctioning equipment and notifies appropriate point-of-contact. Follows up to ensure item is repaired and available for use
Indexes files, maintaining files in an orderly fashion. Files documents with Clerk's Office; delivers courtesy copies. If document is incorrect, makes necessary changes when possible to complete filing by the Clerk.
Provides courier services from the USAO to the courthouses and state and federal agencies as required to files and/or deliver legal documents on a daily basis and at other times required.
Performs other miscellaneous tasks.
The above mentioned duties may be performed as single functions or in combination with one
- Proven excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform detailed work consistently, accurately, and under pressure extremely important.
- Must be able to read and follow instructions.
- Must be able to understand task, task objectives, and the context of the task in the litigation support effort as a whole.
- Must take the initiative to ask questions when necessary to complete task correctly (e.g. where instructions are not explicit or appear to be contrary to the task objective).
- Must have typing/keyboarding skills.
- Must be knowledgeable user of the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, database, spreadsheet, imaging, and telecommunications systems.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) or other similar applications.
- Knowledge of and skill in the use of common office hardware, including personal computers, electronic media duplicators, scanners, facsimile machines, photocopiers, multifunction printers, telephones and similar equipment.
- Ability to answer switchboard/multi-line phone system. Minimum of one year experience, preferred.
- Ability to work and interact professionally and effectively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and work as a team player in a professional office.
- Skilled in meeting and dealing with people in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Requires working knowledge of office equipment including copiers; experience using large scale scanners (Kodak. Ricoh. Fujitsu. etc.), helpful.
- Some walking, standing, bending and carrying of small office items
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience working in a Government and/or Litigation Support environment in conjunction with basic qualifications, is strongly preferred.
- One year of work experience, paid or unpaid, in customer service is strongly preferred.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Ability to review a wide variety of documents, both legal and non-legal.
- Current or active clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA General Clerk
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.