Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opening for a Cloud Security Engineer to join our Cyber Information Security team.
In this role, you will provide security engineering services for the enterprise cloud management team for major cloud providers such as AWS and Azure. We're looking for a candidate who can support this role from one of our following locations: Orlando - FL, Reston - VA, Gaithersburg – MD, or Remote Telework.
Typical activities of this team include writing concept of operations (CONOPS), detailed design and deployment documentation for new capabilities and services, implementation of solutions, and supporting the on-going operations of cloud security solutions.
Typical workflows range from individual tasks, leading small-scale projects, and participating in multi-disciplinary, multi-team projects to help Leidos meet its technology and security goals.
- Work on a team of motivated security engineers in designing, building and deploying security capabilities for protecting Leidos cloud-based systems, networks, and information stores.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for cloud security services to defend the global Leidos environments.
- Provide expertise regarding cloud providers’ capabilities, APIs, and shared security models.
- Work closely with engineering team members across infrastructure teams and outside vendors to ensure that features and capabilities are delivered on-schedule and operated according to corporate service level agreements.
- Work closely with the cloud management and platform security teams to improve existing solutions so they better meet the business’ needs.
- Work closely with the Cybersecurity Intelligence and Response Center to ensure the cloud security solutions are meeting the requirements for security event investigations
- Help develop cloud security technical roadmaps to drive constant cyber transformation and improvements in Leidos’ defensive posture
- Bachelor's Degree and 8-12 years of relevant experience, including 2+ years of experience in an enterprise security or infrastructure engineering role. Additional years of relevant experience, training, and/or professional certifications will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- US citizenship is required and eligible for federal security clearance
- Demonstrated experience deploying/operating cloud security enterprise technologies
- Demonstrated experience with the capabilities and APIs of one major cloud provider (AWS, Azure, or Google).
- Fundamental knowledge of TCP/IP and common application layer protocols
- Foundational understanding of Cloud and off-premises security best practices
- Experience with industry standard virtualized networking components (Cloud application firewalls, Cloud Services Routers, Cloud Gateways, etc.)
- Strong communication skills; person in this role must be able to successfully communicate with management personnel, technical personnel and third parties
Special consideration will be given to candidates with any, or multiple, of the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience with the capabilities and APIs of multiple major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google).
- Experience within common enterprise cloud applications SaaS (O365, etc.)
- Experience deploying or maintaining cloud access security broker (CASB) solutions.
- Experience designing and provisioning security architectures at enterprise scale
- Experience authoring enterprise cloud security policies, or establishing an enterprise cloud security strategy
- Experience implementing multi-factor authentication for SaaS applications
- Experience obtaining and centralizing cloud audit data and associated capabilities
- Experience in programming and/or scripting desired
- Knowledge of configuration management tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory desired
- Experience with cloud IaaS solutions such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS
- Possess certifications from major cloud providers, such as AWS Solutions Architect or Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.