Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Disability Leave, Paid Pandemic Leave and more! If this sounds like a place you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for an experienced Process Engineer / Configurations Manager on our large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of large collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
- Evaluate existing processes to include workflow, organization and planning activities; define and capture the functional process configuration based on team deep dives and configure the new JIRA tool.
- Assist the establishing and documenting processes that support the application, institutionalization and continuous improvement of sound management and engineering practices.
- Author, review and edit organizational and program level documents and communications to ensure appropriate and consistent content, spelling, grammar, punctuation and format.
- Develop work aids, such as process descriptions, checklists, templates and guides to assist personnel with implementing defined processes.
- Apply process improvement and engineering principles and best practices to organizational and program level processes
- Assist project teams with effectively improving existing processes, ensuring they are aligned with organizational processes and standards.
- Facilitate the adoption of new and modified processes and practices by providing individual and group coaching, training and other forms of knowledge transfer as necessary.
- with maintaining web pages, to include developing content and updating web pages with approved content.
- Support the organization's board/governance activities to include management / engineering review and configuration control board secretariat duties as needed.
- Identify meaningful metrics, establish rules and reports that align with the CM Plan and policy.
- Follow configuration management team guidance to ensure proper file naming conventions and directory structure folder locations for storing documents.
- Candidate MUST have an active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance
- Bachelors Degree and 5 or more years related experience
- In lieu of Bachelors Degree an additional 4 years (for a total of 9 years) of Business Process Engineering or Configuration Management Experience will be considered on a case by case basis
- Workflow coordination / Management experience in any service desk software. The team uses JIRA but similar to Remedy, ServiceNow, etc.
- Experience in the IT arena. Familiarity with Dataflows is a bonus!
- Process Tools (e.g., flowcharts, process diagrams)
- Configuration Management and other process content development (Change Requests, Services Requests, Trouble Calls)
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Flexible; comfortable working alone but also frequently engaging with others in a dynamic, often fast-paced, mission-focused work environment.
- SharePoint – Experienced to Expert Level
- Confluence – Novice is OK, prefer Experienced
- JIRA – Novice is OK, Prefer Experienced (experience as a JIRA Admin is a BIG Plus)
- Microsoft Office Tool Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook and Project) - experienced to expert level
- Assertive & comfortable interacting with all levels of Customer Management – TDs, Section Management, Org Leadership, etc. Initiative to work with leadership to identify new tasking requirements.
- Ability to take detailed meeting minutes.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.