The Mainframe Developer will provide technical support to the Leidos suite of projects supporting the critical mission functions of the Social Security Administration (SSA), Office of Systems Architecture, in Baltimore, Maryland. The selected candidate is responsible for collaborating with a team of developers to gain a complete understanding of and support for the clients' validation environment test data needs.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Apply industry and SSA best-practices regarding utilization of z/OS-based Db2 data management tools (e.g., SoftBase TestBase)
- Serves as an developer to facilitate continuous development, integration, and testing in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain a high level of collaboration with SSA customers, and must demonstrate excellent communication skills to ensure success
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and integration of a software application with a database
- Demonstrates strong desire to learn new technologies, both mainframe-based and distributed systems
- Requires working knowledge of and ability to apply standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques of technical domain
- Must possess outstanding communications, writing, and grammar skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust suitability determination
- Requires BS degree in a related discipline and minimum 2 years of prior relevant experience
Preferred Qualifications – Experience with:
- Agile project management methodology
- Version Control Software
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.