The Origin program has an opening for a Logistics/Property Lead in Chantilly, VA. The selected candidate will be responsible for planning, scheduling and managing the movement of material from receipt at the warehouse to production. Responsibilities include the management and administrative activities associated with operating, fielding and maintaining IT systems. These activities would include the management of storage, transportation, material and property movement, overseeing the updating of requirements, sparing and logistics support plans. This position would also be responsible for the management of end of life disposal to include sanitization, destruction and disposal of property. This position also provides limited logistical support to other programs within the building.
Responsibilities include managing and accounting for government property in accordance with Customer and Leidos policies and procedures. Ensure audit readiness and accurate data records for the entire life cycle of all government property to include procurement records, equipment movement, transfer, and disposition.
• Requires a Bachelor degree and at least 4 years of relevant experience or Masters with 2 years of relevant experience. 8+ years of relevant experience will be considered in place of degree.
• Must have a TS/SCI with Poly to be considered for this position
• Demonstrated experience with Property accounting processes
• Responsible for inventory and reconciliation efforts for all physical inventories of program property on an annual basis
• Responsible for supporting Program Management for data calls related to property to include quarterly reporting of capital assets
• Experience ordering, processing, shipping, receiving, packaging, material handling, property accountability and discharge of excess property
• Responsible for reporting all newly procured or transferred property for audit readiness
• Ensure complete records and backup documentation of all DD1149s, packing slips, and inventory forms
• Ability to work closely with Project Managers and Engineering staff to manage and track stock/spares for multiple projects
• Experience will standard Microsoft Office Products (Word and Excel)
• Self-starter that can establish priorities and resolve issues
• Ability to follow through on urgent requirements with short notice or tight deadlines
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Experience with government logistics and supply chain operations
• Interest in learning procurement process (as a backup skill)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.