The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group has an opening for a Cloud Computing DevOps Engineer for the GIG Service Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract.
This role is primary remote but will also require onsite visits to Ft. Meade, MD. One must live within driving distance to Ft. Meade, MD to be considered for this role.
This contract includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation, and support to DISA’s mission partners.
In this role, you will design, develop and implement DevOps capabilities across various project teams. Responsibility will include activities to install, configure and maintain all tools needed to accomplish the following DevSecOps functions -- source control management, continuous integration, deployment, monitoring, repository management, provisioning, release management, logging, building, testing, containerization, collaboration and security.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline w/ 8 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree in a related discipline w/ 6 years. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- DoD SECRET clearance
Experience with the following:
- 5-7 years of experience in Amazon Web Services administration and operations
- Selection of appropriate AWS services for designing and deploying the applications.
- Implementation of cost-control strategies for Cloud-based workloads in AWS.
- Designing and monitoring the enterprise-wide scalable operations in AWS Cloud environments.
- Provisioning, configuring, managing AWS services such as VPC/Subnet/Security Group, EC2, ECS, CLI, S3, Route 53, Cloud Watch, Lambda, Config and IAM.
- Knowledge in implementing the Federal IT security standards and agency specific guidelines
- Making network model with diagrams and graphic representations
- Current and emerging technologies across multiple domains including network, database, endpoint, virtual computing, cloud computing, RPA, ML, and AI
- Technical designs, frameworks, and implementations.
- Information technology and enterprise architecture best practices
- DevOps and DevSecOps tools implementation
- Setting-up pipelines and integrating CI/CD processes using Jenkins, artifactory and bitbucket
- Containerized CI/CD deployment such as Docker, Open shift and Kubernetes
- Python, Java and Ruby
- Ability to independently, quickly, and efficiently identify and solve technical problems
- Ability to combine strong functional, conceptual and technical knowledge with a strong understanding of requirements to offer solutions in a very practical, timely, and efficient manner
- Ability to interact positively, collaborate and communicate appropriately with team members
Preferred candidates will have experience with the following:
- Multi cloud management
- Knowledge in complex application integration
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.