The National Solutions Group at Leidos has an opening for a Senior Tier 2 System Maintainer supporting mission applications maintenance in Aurora, Colorado. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your experience to support our customer’s mission.
- Senior Tier 2 software maintainer on a team supporting a specific mission domain
- Ensure the availability of mission processors by driving proactive Tier 2 SW maintenance
- Ensure team performs incident and problem management to resolve or escalate issues
- Support configuration management and change management activities
- Support service transitions including migrations to cloud infrastructure
- Ensure team perform all request fulfillment activities flawlessly and with customer focus
- Coordinate with other maintenance, operations and engineering contract leaders as required
- Ensure team documents all work performed via ticketing system
- Ensure team creates, updates or enhances maintenance and operations documentation
- Ensure security of mission processors and IT infrastructure
- Manage call-in support as required
- United States’ citizen with current TS/SCI with SSBI
- Requires a BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or a Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Current DoD 8570 certification applicable to the position (typically Security+)
- 7+ years’ experience performing Tier 2 software maintenance on mission critical systems
- Proven leadership experience with constructive, collaborative approach
- Proven experience with one or more of the following technical disciplines:
- Current and legacy software development languages and tools (i.e. C, C++, Java, XMIDAS)
- Unix, Linux or Windows operating systems, including shell scripting
- Enterprise management tools
- Enterprise storage management and configuration
- Database management systems and tools (i.e. Oracle, MySQL)
- TCP/IP networking in an enterprise environment
- Information system security, including IAVA management and ICD 503 compliance
- Experience supporting configuration management, change management and service transition
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and constructively with other leaders
- Must be willing to manage or perform call-in support as required
- Experience with legacy platforms (i.e. DEC VMS, Alpha)
- Mission operations experience
- Systems engineering and integration experience
- Mission-specific technical knowledge
- Software development
- ITIL Framework
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Software Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.