The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Oracle Data Manager to support our United States Air Force Oklahoma City (Tinker Air Force Base), OK office (telework is an option). This is an exciting opportunity to use your Oracle data management experience helping the Comprehensive Engine Management System (CEMS) mission. The candidate will be working with a team of software and network engineering professionals on applications supporting the USAF's CEMS. The candidate is responsible for performing tasks relating to Database Management System (DBMS) applications, including definition, design, structure, documentation, upgrades, long-range requirements, operational guidelines, and protection. Duties may include entering and reviewing data within the database, ensuring user data integrity, maintaining database support tools, database tables and dictionaries, recovery and back-up procedures, and making recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements. This position will be responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, documenting, and debugging database data systems; testing applications in the development environment; supporting production Oracle environments with production deployments and providing post-production support.
- Ensure performance of the system and understand the platform on which the database runs
- Plan and coordinate security measures, ensure data integrity, and perform database backups and restores
- Provide technical expertise in the use of the Oracle Database Management System
- Define indexing methods, and security procedures for specific user applications
- Requires 4 years of experience as an Oracle SQL Developer
- Requires a BS Degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology or related field; additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Proficiency developing stored procedures, functions, packages, and triggers
- Hands-on experience with installation and building Oracle database structures.
- Hands on experience developing queries and performance tuning
- Candidate must have or be capable of obtaining a Secret Clearance
- Security+ or above certification (CISSP, CASP+)
- Oracle PL/SQL Developer experience
- Experience using Java within Oracle environment
- Experience with Oracle database maintenance including monitoring and maintenance tasks in Windows environment
- Allround Automation PL/SQL Developer applications
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.