The Defense Group of Leidos has a career opening for a SATCOM Watch Officer at Fort Meade, MD
Supports the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Joint Operations Center (DJOC) with SATCOM/Gateway Operations support working as part of a cohesive team on a rotating 12 hour shift schedule at the DISA Headquarters Complex, Fort Meade, MD. Duties can include on-call support and you may be asked to report within an 8-hour period.
- Provide SATCOM and Gateway equipment monitoring and control (M&C), mission establishment, situational awareness, trouble management, and engineering and testing support to Department of Defense Information Network (DODIN) SATCOM Gateways supporting the DODIN/DISN. Provisions, activates, tests and accepts enterprise DISN Transport SATCOM. Report incidents/events utilizing authorized email and ticketing systems. Report Joint Staff Priority unscheduled outages and/or service interruptions to the DJOC and Regional Battle Captains.
- Provide S/A WRT the status of DODIN SATCOM supporting the DODIN and DISN. This includes providing and implementing as directed by the DJOC Battle Captain ISO SATCOM/Gateway Operations, status/restoral processes of DODIN SATCOM Gateways systems and subsystems, Military Satellite Communications (MILSATCOM), and leased Commercial SATCOM (COMSATCOM). Provides Tier I/II support to Gateway and SATCOM users to include Special User community.
- Coordinate with other DISA Elements, other organizations and agencies; including the DISA CONEX Branches, Regional Satellite Communications Support Centers (RSSC), SATCOM users/terminals, MILSATCOM and COMSATCOM contractor Network Operation Centers (NOCs), and other communications planners, managers and operators. Contractor to be directly involved in SATCOM network configurations, system-monitoring, customer problem tracking, and network problem resolution in all aspects of SATCOM integral to our client's Baseband, IF, and RF Communications.
- Provide reporting on SATCOM Gateway equipment status, network status, SATCOM utilization using software applications and products provided by the Government. Create and manage trouble tickets. Update SATCOM utilizations and status reports daily. Contribute to daily, monthly and annual resource utilization reports. Maintain and provide SA of all bands of SATCOM used to extend the DISN, DODIN, and DISA provided services.
- Upon request, develop network diagrams using Government tools and software applications; provide reports on equipment status, network status, and network utilization using Government tools and software applications; and shall enter outage information via Government furnished trouble ticketing systems.
- Assist the DJOC and SATCOM/Gateway Operations to respond to around the clock contingency and catastrophic gateway and satellite anomalies, and provide recommendations for restoration of service in accordance with established priorities and procedures. This includes the directing and execution of prescribed changes.
- Must possess 8140 (Previously 8570), IAT Level II (SEC+ or equivalent) certification
- High School diploma and 5 Years of SATCOM experience.
- A minimum of a TS/SCI clearance to start,
- Experience working at a Wideband Satellite Operations Center (WSOC), Regional SATCOM Support Center (RSSC) or DoD SATCOM Gateway
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.