The Systems for Inspections, Recalls, Compliance Enforcement (SIRCE) and Imports program supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs’ (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. These systems continue to evolve to meet emerging business needs and to support new mandates and initiatives. It is important to analyze and implement advances in technologies that will improve efficiency and performance leading to greater user satisfaction and reducing the cost of operations and maintenance (O&M). Effort is underway to develop state of the art applications that can be used on various platforms and to retire some of the legacy systems with modern and efficient applications.
- Work with FDA business owner in understanding the business needs and determining appropriate test scenarios to support demonstrating the capability
- Develop software based on FDA business and project needs and specific program requirements
- Collaborate with testers, DBAs and business analysis in ensuring requirements are implemented correctly and meet customers’ expectations
- Ability to identify solution and evaluate solution to complex system problems with mentoring and coaching from more senior team leaders
- Actively participate/lead in the discovery/validation/verification process throughout the development life cycle
- Actively engage/lead in process improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated understanding of full software development life cycle
- Willingness to learn new techniques such as, 508 software requirements, Unit testing, ability to learn quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with team members to discuss requirements and objectives
BA/BS degree in CS, IT, Math or related field with 2-4 years of experience or a Masters level degree in CS, IT Math or related field with 1-2 years of experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Prior experience with HP ALM and JIRA
- Academic Experience in developing Job Flow, Business Process and Functional Flow diagrams
- Experience with the FDA customer or related customer experience (in a Health systems technology area)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.