Working with the UK CIO IT Service Desk, supporting the End to End management of Tickets and Service Requests reported by our users and achieving first time fix where possible. Escalating and liaising with other business units in order to resolve issues within the defined SLA.
- Central point of contact between our users and IT Services
- Management of Incidents and Service Requests
- Receive and record all calls from our users within our Ticket Management Tool
- Provide initial assessment of all Tickets, attempt first time resolution, and /or escalation
- Monitor and escalate Tickets according to our SLAs
- Keep users informed on status and progress of their Tickets
- Monitor the Service Desk Mailbox and Unassigned queue when assigned the task to ensure that emails and requests are actioned and responded to in a timely manner and adhere to any SLA’s set
- Call/Chat handling for all inbound customer contact to support new and existing Ticket Requests
- Complete additional tasks as defined by the Service Desk Management
- Be able to undertake any work on the desk and work to a high technical level
- Assist in creating new or updating existing documentation
- Log all Tickets and Service Requests reported via telephone, chat, email, or automatically generated
- Take ownership of specific Tickets, ensuring that they are monitored, tracked and updated accurately and concisely throughout their lifecycle
- Carry out initial support and classification of Tickets and Service Requests to determine the correct SLA / urgency
- Ensure that all telephone, chat and email requests are logged within the Ticket Management tool
- Complete investigation and diagnosis via the remote management tools available or via communication with the end user
- Resolve Tickets by implementing permanent fixes or work around to known errors
- Resolve Service Requests by following standard work instructions / processes
- Invoke appropriate Technical Escalation to ensure SLA is achieved
- Provide a Single Point of Contact (SPoC) to the user for Tickets, ensuring regular status updates are communicated to the customer
- Invoke Hierarchical Escalation as required
- Identify and report any potential Service Breach to the Service Desk Management
**This list of key responsibilities is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as reasonably required**
- Customer focused
- Analytical approach with good questioning & listening skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Confident and self-motivated with a positive can do attitude
- Team player
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Good working knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Basic understanding of network infrastructure and system components
- Able to use own initiative to troubleshoot and find solutions to technical issues
**Training is continually delivered by Leidos and support provided to support technical growth and development**
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Intern Technical
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.