Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We currently have a permanent vacancy for a Systems Integration Engineer with experience of integrating large scale Systems, Services and applications within a Mission Critical Systems\Services Integration environment. Applicants must have SC clearance. Whilst this role can be worked remotely, regular travel to Whiteley (near Portsmouth) may be required
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
As part of an integrated team the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of key I&V activities as assigned by the I&V Lead. The successful Systems Integration Engineer will work with customers, suppliers and our wider I&V team to successfully provision, install and deliver a fully integrated Platform on the new core architecture to allow further testing and validation.
This is an opportunity to have a role within a programme delivering critical services and infrastructure key to the future of UK Air Traffic Management.
Though experience with Air Traffic Management (ATM) is not required as on-the-job training will be provided, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate integration test experience, ideally within a virtualised cloud based infrastructure.
The Systems Integration Engineer will be responsible for:
- Provisioning, installing and delivering fully integrated Platforms and Environments for Testing and Operational teams
- Managing installation of applications and services across a wide range of platforms (Virtualisation, Windows/Linux systems)
- Investigating and managing incidents/defects across the supported environments and work with suppliers to identify root cause and resolution.
- Applying strong understanding of networking concepts and how key technologies are integrated together (Routers/Servers/Management of Networks) to integrate and maintain environments
- Rapidly learning and then applying the understanding of how Air Traffic Control works in the UK and how the new systems need to be utilised to achieve that aim
- Developing Schedule/Plans for the scope of work defined, including delivery dates, dependencies and Assumptions and risks.
- Applying knowledge of System hardware-software-network designs
- Generating test procedures and conducting functional and non-functional testing of both environments and operational applications
- Evaluating alternatives solutions as required within the scope of work/task form including cost and risk analysis
- Developing of systems requirements and derivation of these into subsystems as required
- Technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance as directed to meet schedule milestones
- Identifying and mitigating technical risks
- Applying knowledge of Service Orientated Architectures
- Applying knowledge of test automation concepts especially for provisioning environments
- Utilising DOORS, JIRA and HPQC (ALM) as required
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.