We are looking for an integration test engineer to join our team to help us deliver a large scale systems integration programme. As part of an integrated team the successful candidate will design, create and execute system integration tests.
This is an opportunity to work on an exciting programme delivering critical infrastructure key to the future of UK Air Traffic Management.
Though experience with Air Traffic Management is not required as on-the-job training will be provided, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate integration test experience, ideally within a large-scale virtualised cloud based infrastructure.
- Deliver testing in a key part of the programme ensuring milestones are met on time and to sufficient quality Review requirements & design documents and seek clarification where appropriate to identify full scope of testing.
- Create and review test plans and test designs, working with third party suppliers to ensure requirements coverage.
- Create, review and optimise Testing Processes.
- Design, create and execute Test Cases and supporting data.
- Document test results and defects
- Produce Test Reports and report on interim progress.
- 5 years’ test experience (or 4 years’ experience with ISTQB Foundation Certificate in software testing), 1 of which in a lead role.
- Excellent understanding of the Testing Lifecycle and the different types of testing such as Functional and Integration Testing.
- Demonstrable Systems Integration experience including integrating 3rd party systems or components.
- Experience of taking ownership and driving delivery of testing projects.
- Able to understand existing Test Process and identify improvements and efficiencies.
- Experience of creating Test Cases based on requirements and design documents.
- Strong oral and written communication skills – ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members.
- Self-motivated and willing to speak to colleagues to find out missing information;
- Enthusiastic, proactive, troubleshooting attitude with a willingness to learn new technologies;
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate in software testing or 5 years test experience
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Working with large-scale and complex integration programmes;
- Digital voice such as Voice Over IP and voice recording.
- Performance testing and measurement of integrated systems.
- Working with 3rd party suppliers;
- Good time management and organisational skills – ability to work with minimal supervision and direct others to do the same
- Experience with virtualised products/services/solutions
- Familiar with high-integrity or safety-related real-time systems;
- Knowledge of test automation concepts such as keyword driven framework;
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture;
- DOORS, JIRA and HPQC (ALM) experience or equivalent tools;
- ATM knowledge would be advantageous but is not a pre-requisite
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.