Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice and other U.S. Government agencies. From emails and instant messages, to serves, electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference.
Leidos is looking for a full-Courtroom Presentation Specialist to join our team in Albuquerque, NM. The Courtroom Presentation Specialist will work with trial teams and other litigation support providers to prepare for trials and present cases in the courtroom using courtroom presentation systems
This position is expected to start on June 1, 2021. However, employment is contingent on ability to successfully obtain a minimum of a Public Trust Waiver prior to your start date as well as the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Suitability Determination for the duration of this position.
- Works with the trial team, including other litigation support providers, to develop and present a case in the courtroom using courtroom presentation systems.
- Works with the trial team both before trial and during trial to develop scripts for presenting exhibits in a particular order to support testimony.
- Scans exhibits into courtroom presentation system, prepares exhibit images for particular uses (e.g. zooming in or highlighting a particular paragraph, or setting up two exhibits side by side on the screen).
- Develops simple graphic images/exhibits using standard off the shelf software packages.
- Advises AUSAs on the effectiveness of certain exhibits or sequences of exhibits.
- Advises AUSAs on equipment, distribution system, and software requirements for limited or routine courtroom configurations; obtains, installs, tests, sets up appropriate equipment and software.
- Digitizes audio and video clips; synchronizes clips with written transcripts.
- Works with AUSAs in preparing for small to large-scale trials and in presenting materials in the courtroom.
- Serves as a jack-of-all-trades capable of performing all trial and courtroom support functions, including equipment set up and troubleshooting, scripting, advising on graphics presentations, and in-courtroom operation of equipment.
- Must be familiar with standard with standard courtroom presentation packages such as Trial Director and Sanction.
- Must have excellent oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work effectively as a team member in an extremely pressured environment.Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a trial team through the entire pretrial and trial cycle, identifying and scanning exhibits, scripting with the attorneys, setting up the courtroom, operating and troubleshooting the system in the courtroom. Must be able to work long hours for an extended period of time. Must be able to travel for long periods of time. Trial experience required
- Familiarity with standard litigation support applications (e.g., Relativity, iConect, CaseMap, etc).
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Computer Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.