The Airborne Sensors and Analytics Division (ASAD) within the Defense Group of Leidos has an opportunity for an experienced Program Manager with extensive U.S. Army Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) program management experience to lead and manage all activities for multiple and complex UAS programs, located in our Huntsville, Alabama offices.
- Oversee the Leidos program team in successfully executing the contract(s)
- Direct project planning, systems engineering development and implementation according to cost, schedule, and scope requirements
- Manage cross-functional teams responsible for delivering high-quality program products on time and within budget, including Subcontractors
- Communicate upward, downward, and laterally with key stakeholders within the Program Team, Leidos, and the government customer.
- Plan/lead program reviews and briefings, both internal and with the customer
- Proactively identify, analyze and mitigate risks and manage opportunities using Leidos Risk Management ToolsEnsure contracts, finance, human resources, and procurement management functions are well integrated within the Program team.
- Manage functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel
- Influence development of solutions that impact strategic project/program/family goals and business results.
- Recommend and implement new solutions, processes, policies, standards in support of functions, strategy and operations
- Solve complex problems and positively impact multiple area or disciplines.
- Successfully manage cost, schedule and performance for the small, tactical and medium-altitude endurance Ground Control Systems such as RQ-7B Shadow UAS and MQ-1C Gray Eagle programs
- Experience leading in the integration and support of UAS for the US Army
- Preparation of proposals, business plans, performance work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contracts
- Contributes to the development of new and expansion of existing business opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in defense/aerospace
- Three (3) or more years of experience as a Program Manager or senior Project Manager leading organizations and support of aerial C2/ISR programs for the US Army
- Record of accomplishment delivering to the US Army, Manned or Unmanned Aircraft Systems community
- Experience in systems integration for manned or unmanned, forward-deployed, surveillance and reconnaissance aircraft
- Demonstrated ability to drive program excellence and execution
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and motivate diverse personnel to accomplish common Program objectives.
- Comprehensive project management skills to meet deadlines or milestones through use of EVMS
- Strong customer service focused approach with experience working with government customers
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required and willingness to travel in CONUS approximately 20% of the time.
- Must possess and maintain an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Prior military and/or Government service
- An active DoD Top Secret clearance
- Experience managing an Agile Software Development Technical Team
- Prior working relationship with PEO Aviation or PM UAS
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills and experience in the development of proposals and capture management
- Demonstrated business development experience
- Experience managing a geographically separated team
- Master’s Degree
- PMP certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.