Leidos is looking for a highly-motivated, first-class Document Management Analyst II to join us in supporting the Office of International Affairs Docketing Unit in the Criminal Division of the U.S. Department of Justice which is comprised of experts in procedures for recording and managing the flow of information pertaining to Office of International Affairs’ case work. The location is 1301 New York Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20530.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner with internal and external colleagues of all levels. If you are well-organized and able to manage multiple critical tasks under tight deadlines, have good customer service skills, and thrive in a fast-paced and diverse environment, this job is for you!
- Responsible for completing the opening and closing of foreign and domestic transfer applications, extradition and Mutual Legal Assistance cases in Office of International Affairs’ electronic case tracking.
- Coordinates the delivery of physical case files to the Office of International Affairs’ trial attorneys, paralegals, and support staff.
- Responsible for completing the interfile process, inputting additional data and uploading pertinent documents of foreign and domestic transfer applications, extradition and Mutual Legal Assistance requests, and completing the certification process.
- Analyze all incoming correspondence (including electronic mail, physical mail, and faxes), records the relevant information in Office of International Affairs’ electronic case tracking system, and scans all physical mail.
- Analyze any outgoing correspondence and record any relevant details in the Oracle system of the Office of International Affairs’ staff on the country team has not already done so.
- Close cases in Office of International Affairs’ electronic case tracking system, prepare and send the physical file for referral to the Criminal Division’s Records and Information Management Staff.
- Assists in ordering files from Federal Records Center and tracks files while they are in the Office of International Affairs.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite 5 days a week in Washington, DC (once temporary Pandemic Remote work is over OR when asked to return in the office).
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Three years of experience on major legal support projects OR undergraduate degree.
- Certain assignments may require experience or substantial undergraduate coursework in, for example, finance/accounting, health care, or substantial experience in the legal environment or in information technology.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Must have excellent writing skills and oral communication capabilities.
- Requires hands-on familiarity with the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, data processing environments, including office automation networks, PC-based databases and other applications, internet and server-based databases and other applications, such as Oracle, Relativity or other document review platform, Trial Director, etc.
- Should be a knowledgeable user of the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheet, imaging, and hardware systems.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Suggested skills that would be helpful for this position:
- Litigation support, eDiscovery and legal database tools experience helpful.
- Current or active clearance preferred.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA General Clerk
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.