Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice and other U.S. Government agencies. From emails and instant messages, to serves, electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference.
Leidos is looking for a top notch individual to perform clerical and receptionist support in support of one of our federal agency customers in Chicago, IL.
This position is expected to start on June 1, 2021. However, employment is contingent on ability to successfully obtain a minimum of a Public Trust Waiver prior to your start date as well as the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Suitability Determination for the duration of this position
Overtime and travel may be required as needed with proper authorization. Individual may support any division/section within depending on the needs of the office at time of hire.
Typical assignments include the following but not limited to:
Performs routine support functions such as photocopying; delivering items; generating blowback; assembling notebooks, including pulling file copies of documents, tabbing binders, numbering, binding, labeling, re-filing documents and shelving; packing boxes and preparing them for shipment; bates stamping; ordering supplies; retrieving case materials; completing log sheets; answering phones; logging messages; faxing information, etc.
Prepares documents for imaging/scanning. Assembles/disassembles documents as required, taking care to ensure that original documents are reassembled exactly to their original state.
Maintains inventory/control records. Performs simple typing assignments using word processing equipment.
Serves as clerk/receptionist responsible for supporting the criminal and civil divisions by providing a variety of administrative and clerical services.
Management of meeting/conference rooms and prisoner elevator keys.
Manages internal event coordination.
On a rotating or recurring schedule or as backup relief, serves as a Receptionist at the
front desk. Receives and greets visitors. Receives and transfers telephone calls.
Furnishes requested information concerning functions and general procedures of the office.
Receives reviews and distributes incoming deliveries, including service of process. Provides courier services from the U.S. Attorney’s Office to the Courts and other agencies within the United States Courthouse.
Provides assistance to attorneys and support staff in trial preparation by performing duties such as photocopying, compiling trial notebooks, duplicating electronic media, assembling jury instructions, and compiling witness and exhibit lists.
Perform other miscellaneous tasks.
The above mentioned duties may be performed as single functions or in combination with one another.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including PCs, printers, photocopiers, scanners, telephone systems, fax machines, numbering and binding equipment, etc.
- Must be able to write and print clearly.
- Must take the initiative to ask questions when necessary to complete task correctly (e.g. where instructions are not explicit or appear to be contrary to the task objective).
- Ability to perform detailed work consistently, accurately, and under pressure extremely important.
- Must be able to read and follow instructions.
- Must have typing/keyboarding skills.
- Must be knowledgeable user of the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, database, spreadsheet, imaging, and telecommunications systems (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel or other similar applications).
- Ability to answer switchboard/multi-line phone system with one year of experience minimum.
- Ability to work and interact professionally and effectively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and work as a team player in a professional office.
- Skilled in meeting and dealing with people in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Some walking, standing, bending and carrying of small office items. At times, may lift moderately heavy boxes.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience working in a Government and/or Litigation Support environment in conjunction with basic qualifications, preferred.
- Ability to review a wide variety of documents, both legal and non-legal.
- Experience with entering information into databases and excel spreadsheets, preferred.
- Experience with Department of Justice Unified Financial Management System and Electronic Court Filing (ECF) system, helpful.
- Undergraduate degree, preferred.
- Current or active clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA General Clerk
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.