Leidos has a current job opening for Biometrics Field Support Engineer at Ft. Huachuca in Sierra Vista, AZ supporting the Biometrics Automated Toolset – Army (BAT-A) Sustainment contract. This five year program will provide operations, maintenance, software engineering services and hardware procurement services, and associated support for all devices associated with the BAT-A system. These services shall focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions. The Biometrics Automated Toolset – Army (BAT-A) is an established Identity Management and Collection solution that has led the effort to identify foes in the War on Terror. Leidos assists in this worldwide effort by aiding the US Military in the utilization of biometrics to positively identify individuals in a shifting world of identities.
Critical member of a team of BAT-A Field Support Engineers (FSE) providing Tier 2 Help Desk support to deployed FSEs, users, and analysts by troubleshooting BAT-A technical and database issues. Implements policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected.
- Provides tasks revolving around IA compliance and data administration relative to the BAT-A and BAT HH / Conducts the ACAS scans and SCAPs of the equipment of the RCOC, additionally, they would be required to directly interface with the Government to ensure that the BAT-A program is complaint on IA by resolving vulnerabilities.
- Ensures maximum issue resolutions in minimum time. Under the supervision of the ReachBack Capability and Operations Center Lead.
- Provide recommendations to the government to resolve the vulnerabilities because they are working at the program management level for IA sustainment ensuring that the ATO compliance is met.
- Responsible for providing efficient and timely Tier 2 support
- Provide Tier 2 help and diagnose Tier 3 issues and resolve them is if capable.
- Develop work around for Tier 3 issues and report if resolutions cannot be found.
- Be considered the full administrator and make whatever changes necessary in BAT to make it operational
- Responsible for making decisions regarding the system then overseeing and managing the changes
- Responsible for making recommendations to management for changes
- Isolates problem trends and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found
- Completes daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids
- Designs/creates policies and procedures
- Carries out policies and direction to improve the overall customer support of the Help Desk
- Possesses a positive attitude, and accurately communicates pertinent information.
- Assists in the development and implementation of quality improvement programs
- Execute STIG and IA patch testing, this would be completed prior to the patches release to ensure that the patches do not negatively affect the system baseline or the BAT-A application.
- Create test plans and generate the test plans. Execute the test plan in accordance to the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). The test plan however is considered to be a joint effort; however in this role you would be responsible for its generation and it is the entire team’s responsibility to ensure accuracy and validity.
- Assist with daily BAT-A system tasks, including the following:
- System start-up, initialization, and shut down
- Software patch implementation and testing and system maintenance checks and repairs
- Security checks of daily logs
- Daily operation of servers, including email servers and web servers
- Transaction reconciliation
- LAN administration and coordination with WANs
- Network security functions IAW the SSAA
- Database administration, including extracting data for reporting purposes
- Implementing system upgrades, including planning, scheduling, testing, and coordinating and managing system network availability.
- Implement IA patches, including QA and QC checks
- Maintain the BAT image for the SEEK devices and laptops
- Manage BAT-A server and database applications and user accounts
- Coordinate BAT-A supply, logistics, and repair actions
- Maintain the BEWL on mission systems
- Train personnel and ensure IA personnel compliance
- Track enrollments from ingestion to ABIS
- Collaboration and coordination with outside organizations
- TS /SCI clearance
- Master’s Degree and a minimum of six (6) years systems administration or other relevant IT experience or Bachelor's (4 year) Degree and a minimum of eight (8) years of systems administration or relevant IT experience required.
- Bachelor's (4 year) Degree requirement may be substituted with an additional four 4 years’ experience for a total of twelve (12) years of relevant IT experience with a proven ability to troubleshoot hardware, networking, SQL Server and Windows operating systems.
- Previous experience with biometrics applications on the Tactical Biometric System (TBS), Joint Personnel Identification (JPI), BAT or Biometric Information System for Access (BISA) programs in support of GWOT.
- The candidate possess DoD 8570 at the AIT level II Certification, consisting of two (2) or more of the following: Security+ CE, GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC); A+ Essentials; Network +, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), or any other CE certificate approved by DoD 8570 at the AIT level II profile.
- Proven ability to create scripts for system administration/setup, examine firewalls and ports to identify and fix communication issues, perform database maintenance, ensure data integrity and track hardware locations is also required.
- The candidate must be able to formally present materials in understandable and intelligible formats; in both stand-up instruction and written arrangements. Be able to effectively measure student progress and provide constructive feedback.
- The candidate must be fully proficient in the use of PC’s and all programs included in the Microsoft Office application suite.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.