The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Hardware Technician to work at our Annapolis Junction, MD location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting the physical integrations (rack, stack, cabling), deployment and sustainment of development and operational systems. He/she will research and evaluate processes and utilize best practices to create and modify deployment Packages (Microsoft Excel), Rack Elevations (Microsoft Excel), Master Cable Lists (Microsoft Excel), and Wiring Diagrams (Visio). He/she will perform short duration travel to support deployments and must be available to provide after-hours surge support when needed to meet customer requirements.
- Assemble devices and equipment and perform initial physical integrations of multi-rack systems.
- Support deployments of multi-rack systems both CONUS and OCONUS.
- Provide support for a lab consisting of ~100 racks to include physical integrations, power, space and cooling estimates, power testing, and monitoring and troubleshooting of hardware.
- Develop installation plans and coordinate redesign efforts with system administration and system engineering teams.
- Establish and conduct test cases and coordinate with system and network engineers in troubleshooting suspected failed components, including hard drives, memory, batteries, cables, motherboards and processors.
- Operate electronics test equipment: fiber and copper test sets, OTDRs, multi-meters, etc.
- Plan and implement data center enhancements and undertake lab and deployment-related special project work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field and at least 4 years of related experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and blueprints.
- Experience maintaining network and server documentation and diagrams.
- Must be able to routinely lift 35 lbs.
- Experience with data center design and configuration (rack and stack, power, placement, etc.).
- Familiarity with network, server, and/or Data Center security accreditation and certification.
- Must be available to perform short-duration travel to support deployments.
- Must be available to provide after-hours surge support when needed to meet customer requirements.
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous and careful in their work.
- Familiarity with server/router/firewall configuration and application performance optimization functions.
- Experience with network and server component moves.
- Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.