Are you ready to join a Leidos all-star team working from home? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
Join Leidos Data Transformation team, working on the cutting edge of innovation in AIOps and Cyber AI! You will work on building, maintaining and extending AI & ML models on large streaming data architectures that include spark, kafka, etc. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing, testing and deploying code modules that bring AI and ML to high-impact programs and customers. To achieve these goals, you will work in agile, collaborative, distributed teams throughout the project lifecycle. You will support your team and stakeholders in estimating work, delivering the sprint backlog and minimizing tech debt. You are curious: you ask why, you explore, you are familiar with latest and greatest open source tools, and always fascinated by what’s possible and what could be better.
Fun stuff on the job you will get to do:
• Write and maintain source code for spark modules in Scala
• Implement AI & ML algorithms in spark, collaborating with data scientists and subject matter experts
• Support schema design and data engineering efforts
• Perform release and sprint planning; participate in software development lifecycle including programming, documenting, managing configuration, testing and bug resolution
• Work on a distributed, high-paced, fast-moving and disciplined agile team
• Ensure functional and non-functional requirements are delivered
This is you:
• BS Degree in a technical field (Computer Science, Engineering, or mathematics ideal) with at least 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with minimum 2 years of prior relevant experience
• Proficient in functional programming
• Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a secret clearance
• 2+ years of Spark development
• Functional programming experience
• Highly self-driven and motivated to make the product better
• A demonstrated product mindset
• Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and to independently use available resources to close knowledge gaps
• Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
This will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• 5+ years of experience in Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Kafka, Hive, Spark/Flink, etc…)
• Experience on Kubernetes and/or Docker
Experience with databases (ideally both sql and no-sql), Elastic Search, Flink, Storm, all a plus
• Experience with ETL flows
• Exposure to graph databases
• Good knowledge of Data formats (Parquet, ORC etc.) and consensus management systems
• Hands-on experience with schema design, data modeling, and elegant algorithm design
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Pay Range:Pay Range $71,500.00 - $110,000.00 - $148,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.