Leidos is seeking a Technical Architect II to join the engineering team and support the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) program in Vienna, VA. The DHMSM program is the DoD’s leading program designed to deploy a modern Electronic Health Record (EHR) system across the United States, and around the globe. The Leidos Partnership for Defense Health (LPDH) is seeking a candidate to support a number of tasks to define, implement, deploy and sustain new capabilities for the MHS GENESIS DoD EHR system.
- Assist with technical architecture efforts across the engineering lifecycle (analyze, design, build, test, deploy and support)
- Employ technical experience, develop, participate and/or assist in the introduction of new capabilities and the enhancement or troubleshooting of existing capabilities
- Research, understand/learn new technologies when encountered, collaborating with internal SME’s as required in the development of proposed solutions.
- Develop detailed designs, data flow diagrams, and everything in between.
- Merge commercial products with custom developed solutions to meet functional requirements while working within the guidelines of the client’s infrastructure
- Work independently within a matrixed organization, communicating and working with Product Team Owners, application development and integration teams, network teams, and application security teams as required to complete assigned tasks.
- BS Degree required and 5-10 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 3-7 years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain ADP2/IT2 Public Trust. Federal Government requirement.
- Experience ensuring project compliance with corporate/program technical guidelines
- Technical knowledge and hands on experience with Lyniate Rhapsody or a comparable HL7-based interface engine
- Experience with requirements interpretation, as well as the documentation of data flows and creation of system diagrams.
- Understanding of software development (including testing) methodologies, and cross functional experience throughout various life-cycle phases
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to communicate technical concepts
- Demonstrated self-starter and team contributor with strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Cybersecurity implementations
- Cloud architecture experience
- Identity and access management
- EHR system architecture and implementation
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.