Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
Leidos is seeking a Network Engineer to support Post Production Software Support (PPSS) and Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) engineering and technical services to the CECOM Software Engineering Center Mission Command Division based in Aberdeen MD with operations located at both Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD and Ft. Sill/Lawton, OK.
The Network Engineer will support our Army customer in creating capabilities and providing technical services and subject matter expertise in Mission Command, Fires and C2 Maneuver systems. You will provide technical support to the Family of Tactical and Strategic Mission Command systems to include: FBCB2, JCR, JBC-P, FSS, Common Software, BCCS, TSI, GCCS-A, TS3, TDI, CPI2, DCO, TDM, COE v3, CPCE, Command Web, DDS, CPOF, GCCS-A; SICPS and MIP/ACIS as well as the US Army’s FIRES Family of Systems including: AFATDS, JADOCS, FOS, FF-Q37, FF-Q36, Centaur LWTFDS, PVM, MMS-P, PFED, LCMR Q50, AN/TQP-53 and LCMR Q49.
- Perform network engineering functions including: design, implementation, and optimization.
- Assess evolving user needs, translate those needs into network changes through network reconfiguration, hardware and software acquisitions, installation and test.
- Assist in solving engineering problems (or managing the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area to which assigned.
- Additional responsibilities include:
- Administering, operating, and securing Government Networks including SIPRNet, NIPRNet, DREN, SDREN, and JMETC.
- Providing network support for development facilities and laboratories; supporting/managing/operating networking hardware and updates, network SW Tools, and network test equipment/tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or other Technical Discipline. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Five (5) years of experience performing system administration functions.
- Current VMware Certified Professional Data Center Virtualization Certification
- Current / Active CompTIA Security + Certification
- Must have some knowledge in the application of current and emerging network software and hardware technology and protocols
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, System Center Configuration Manager
- Must have knowledge of Windows and Redhat Linux environments
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance prior to start date.
- Additional VMware Certification is a plus.
- Familiarity with DOD networking environment.
- Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center Post Production Software Sustainment (PPSS) processes.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.