Candidate's primary responsibility will be support of Behavior Driven Development (BDD) automated and manual testing in a Java/Agile environment
Ideally, he/she should also have the skills required to participate as needed in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, development, testing, integration, documentation and presentation phases.
The position will also support risk/opportunity management, causal analysis, and lessons learned activities.
Leidos delivers services and technical leadership for mission-critical federal government, public sector and private sector programs. This opportunity is within our Health organization supporting our customer, the Social Security Administration.
The opportunity is located in Baltimore, on the west side of town near 695, Route 26, and Security Blvd.
- Required Skills
- Experience with BDD testing practices
- Experience with Gherkin & Cucumber
- Manual test experience
- Experience with Selenium, Rocket, Selenide and/or other test tools
- Experience with Agile development principles and methodology
- Desired skills:
- Experience working with VersionOne
- Experience developing Behavior Driven tests for traditional UI (JSP / Thyme Leaf etc.)
- Experience developing Behavior Driven tests for Services
- Experience developing RESTFul clients using JAX-RS API, Spring Client, REST Assured and similar packages
- Working knowledge of Spring and Spring Boot
- Working knowledge of Maven, and Jenkins
- Requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Day to Day Duties
- Define, develop and implement software/systems testing standards and procedures and oversee testing across SDLC.
- Collaborate with team members to refine the product backlog items
- Executing and reporting security tests.
- Identifying regression test candidates for automation, planning automation activities across the team and automating test cases.
- Estimating test case writing and execution effort and keeping track of own and team progress.
- Test case authoring and holding test case reviews with stakeholders.
- Execution of test cases including functional, regression, exploratory, performance, load and smoke tests for both web applications and database.
- Reporting defects, tracking, validating and closing.
- Recording test results and reporting them.
- Participation in daily scrum meetings, agile ceremonies and weekly test team meetings.
- Participate in all phases of risk management assessments and software development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection.
- Utilize software testing programs and COTS products in support of BDD testing activities.
- Supporting our metrics program by keeping track and gather metrics on all activities.
- Using metrics in quantitative project management concept to identify areas for improvement.
- Providing innovative solutions for more efficient testing strategy.
- Helps other testers in adopting agile and security test strategies
- Support UAT activities
- Master’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.