Leidos has an opening for a Senior Configuration Analyst to support the Naval Array Technical Support Center (NATSC) located at Navy Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC), Newport, Rhode Island. NATSC is the depot-level repair activity for US Navy surface ship and submarine towed sonar arrays. It is a Government Owned-Contractor Operated (GOCO) facility. The successful candidate will be one of the configuration analysts for the NATSC towed array depot. The candidate, under the direction of the Engineering Manager, will conduct configuration management in accordance with applicable document PEO SUB PMS4011/4013 Configuration Control Manual (CCM) of 16 January 2008. The candidate will continually ensure all documents and records required by the Quality Systems Manual (QSM) are maintained in Master Control to ensure proper authorization, identification, storage, protection, accessibility, retrieval, retention and disposal. The candidate will exercise discretion and independent judgment in the critical nature, accuracy, and effectiveness of the NATSC Towed Array Depot’s technical documentation.
- The candidate will process transactions in Master Control for the handling of all trouble reports, change requests, and associated quality documentation.
- The candidate will perform system administration and maintenance, including management of user accounts, and updates to forms and routing protocols.
- The candidate will analyze and evaluate configuration management issues associated with maintaining and controlling all technical documentation configuration management, including analyzing the impact of technical documentation changes and determining the impact of those changes on the depot and its procedures.
- The candidate will make recommendations for additional updates to technical documentation based on proposed changes to documentation.
- Additionally, the candidate will be capable of recommending technical documentation changes that deviate from standard configuration management policies to resolve unusual or different situations.
- The candidate will identify issues and problems created by proposed documentation changes and recommend corrective action.
- The candidate will conduct audits of NATSC technical documentation and in process Work Packages to ensure all documentation available to NATSC personnel are the latest and most up-to-date revision and institute immediate corrective action to resolve issues.
- The candidate will conduct periodic audits of the technical documentation in Master Control and research other Government databases to determine the applicability and timeliness of NATSC documentation, and propose corrective action.
- Bachelor’s degree or two (2) or more years’ experience directly supporting NATSC configuration management activities or Master’s degree with less than two (2) years’ experience directly supporting NATSC configuration management activities.
- Must be able to obtain and retain a US DoD security clearance at the SECRET level.
- Prior experience using computer/network-based documentation systems.
- Prior work experience at the NATSC towed array depot facility.
- Familiarity with Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport and DoD data systems security and information assurance policies and procedures.
- Prior experience using/supporting Master Control Document Control Software.
Hold an active US DoD security clearance at the SECRET level.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.