As a Network Administrator, provide second level support for Local Area Network (LAN), and Wide Area Network (WAN) solutions encompassing multiple platforms.
Develop network support requirements by reviewing and analyzing customer business processes and evaluating available Enterprise Services (ES) and supplier capabilities.
Support project teams in implementing new or upgraded designs and coordinate project efforts with support groups.
Create plans that support implementation of changes.
Participate in network support design and performance evaluation reviews. Advise on distributed network computing issues.
Monitor and maintain security and integrity standards and controls.
Assist in the evaluation, testing and recommendation of hardware, software, and network configurations based on customer need.
Coordinate and approve updates of the site administration documentation.
• Experience with Tier 1 & 2 Network Administration.
• Ability to resolve a wide range of network issues, troubleshoot LAN and WAN issues, and address trouble tickets and service tasks in a Cisco based environment.
• Applicant must have a strong understanding of the OSI model and configuration of routing protocols such as EIGRP and OSPF.
• Applicant must have experience resolving LAN based issues such as switch configuration, VLANS, ether-channel, and port security.
• Maintain records of daily activities, problems and remedial actions taken, and/or installation activities.
• Understanding of how to plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures through manual configuration, installation of patches, or the application of scripts to protect data, software, and hardware.
• Participate in technical exchanges as required
• Self-motivated, self-directing, and aggressively communicative.
- Bachelors degree and 2+ years of experience in the Information Technology field
- Candidates without a degree may be considered with 4 additional years of related work experience.
- A Secret Clearance is required for this position
- Compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Security+, CCNA Security, etc.)
- Possess at least one network certification (CCNA, CCNP, etc.)
- Top Secret Clearance
- ITIL Foundation v3 or v4
- Cisco Certified Network Associate / Professional certification (CCNA/CCNP)
- Although not required, additional certifications or experience related to Microsoft System Administration (MCP, MCSA, MCSE, etc.) is highly desired
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.