The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Configuration Management Developer.
We are seeking a collaboration technologies Configuration Management Developer on a contract supporting the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
The Configuration Management Developer will have basic configuration skills to support the program’s needs.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Follow CM processes
• Follow organization established policies and procedures
• Supports change & release progress
• Follows service release and deployment policy and planning
• Follows release package design, build and configuration
• Follows the program method of deployment
• Participate in Technical Reviews and Change Control Council Board
• Communicate effectively with internal program staff in changes and releases
• Assists in release package testing to predefined acceptance criteria.
• Works with Tech Leads to ensure that products are ready to support the release in build, test and production
Education and Clearance Requirement:
• Bachelor's degree preferred, however 4+ years’ experience in a broad range of assignments in tasks directly related to the proposed area of responsibility is acceptable.
• Ability to obtain Public Trust
Required Skills with 5-7 years’ experience:
• Experience with Git
• Experience with either Github or Bitbucket
• Experience with Maven
• Ability to communicate and enforce branching strategies , tagging, merging etc.
• Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins/ Dev Ops (CI/CD)
• Experience with Artifactory (or similar tool such as Sonatype Nexus)
• Basic Linux / Windows administration experience
• Experience writing CM plans / Standard Operating Procedures(SOPs)
• Experienced in supporting documenting and revising processes and procedures.
• Professional communication skills.
• Ability to accomplish prioritized work and deliver to deadlines across competing program needs
• Self-motivated and driven for continuous improvement
• Natural team player with desire to encourage interaction and integration
• Ability to contribute at CM meetings
Desired Experience and Certificates:
• Azure experience
• Experience with DevOps pipelines incorporating technologies such as Docker, Azure Red Hat Open Shift (ARO), Kubernetes, SonarQube, Liquibase
• ITIL Foundation Certificate, ITIL Release Control and Validation (RCV) a plus.
• Experience with package managers for PHP, .NET, etc.
• Experience with CM approaches to third-party tools such as SSIS, Drupal, Dynamics, Salesforce, etc.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.