Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer / Test Engineer to join a program team supporting a government customer in a highly complex information technology environment. The successful candidate will support continuity of our customer’s mission by helping ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of IT systems. The Tester must have experience with full system development lifecycle experience, including designing, developing, and implementing test plans, test cases, and test processes.
- Develop and implement test strategies and regression test applications.
- Defines, documents, analyzes, performs, and interprets tests for processes, functions, system integration, and user acceptance testing including test units, processes, and functions.
- Conducts software integration tests and user acceptance testing, creates automated test scripts, and coordinates with the development team to perform tests.
- Oversee and perform testing in a DevOps environment
- Supports the development of Government test and evaluation documentation; documents the successes and failures of all executed test procedures.
- Investigates and resolves operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel. Provides technical support and advice to other engineering groups.
- Participates in the development, maintenance, and refinement of quality control and reliability programs.
- Analyzes software requirements and concept of operations documents.
- Develop Selenium automation scripts to improve the accuracy and speed of testing efforts.
- Help desk tier 2 and tier 3 support for an enterprise application.
- Typically requires BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- TS/SCI clearance with a FS Poly
- Understanding and experience in the complete life-cycle of software systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Agile development/Scrum teams
- Ability to take initiative in troubleshooting; creative in determining approach or action to take in non-routine situations
- Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Sciences
- Experience with test automation methodologies
- Experience conducting unit testing of software modifications
- Experience with SecDevOps
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.