The Tester will work closely with our Software Engineers and Hardware Engineers throughout the development cycle, ultimately responsible for fully testing our security detection product to ensure it functions properly and meets requirements. This involves testing both software and hardware in embedded systems. Candidates must have experience working with both software and hardware systems, and ideally will be able to navigate in a LINUX environment. Formal test reporting and documentation generation is required. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Software release testing – all stages of testing on Scanner, Viewing Station, Integrated conveyor system
- EOL Qualification Testing – test components to replace EOL items (ex. Video cards, hard-drives, monitors, computers, etc)
- Building out / re-imaging computers
- Documentation – create formal released documentation. Tech writing experience is highly desired.
- BS Degree in related discipline and 4-8 years of directly relevant experience, or MS Degree with 2-6 years of directly relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 4+ years of experience testing software and hardware
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with creating and defining requirements
- Ability to travel to customer sites as required.
- Some lifting required (less than 20 pounds typically)
- Technical writing experience
- Basic LINUX skills
- Any scripting skills (python, bash) are a big plus.
- Hands-on experience such as swapping out video cards, drives, etc, would be a big plus.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers. The Security Detection and Automation Operation is comprised of four divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
· Hold Baggage
· Ports & Borders
· General Automation
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.