Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for an Information Systems Security Officer who is responsible for researching, generating, and validating security controls that support the customers’ Risk Management Framework (RMF) and ICD 503 Security Accreditation as part of an Agile team. Responsibilities include defining, creating, and maintaining Systems Security Plans (SSP) to support Accreditation and Authorization (A&A) reviews and coordinating with customer security organizations as part of DevSecOps delivery pipeline to achieve Authority to Operate (ATO). Additionally, ISSOs review systems to identify potential security weaknesses, recommend improvements to amend vulnerabilities, assist with implementing changes and documenting upgrades.
Knowledge of the complex environment involving shared IC networks and multiple security enclaves is a sought-after skill.
- Serve as the principal advisor to the information system owner (Deliver Owners) and the ISSM on all matters (technical and otherwise) involving the security of the information system
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Coordinate with team’s ISSEs and/or Tech Leads to implement technical solutions during development
- Prepare and maintain information systems Accreditation and Authorization (A&A) packages (BoE - ConOps/Customer Test Plan, SSPs SCTM)
- Propose mitigation strategies for vulnerabilities identified in the system
- Assist ISSEs and/or Security Engineers with implementation of the Continuous Monitoring program
- Participate in the change management process
- Documented experience in information assurance and cyber security engineering
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and ICD 503 Security Accreditation processes.
- Experience coordinating with Information System Security Managers (ISSM) in testing, documenting, and achieving accreditation of systems throughout the development process, and achieving operational acceptance.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph.
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experienced with various security tools and processes such as Nessus Security Center, WebInspect, Appdetective, Xacta
- Experience with Cloud Computing Technologies/Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- STIG compliance and POA&M and vulnerability management
- Knowledge of the complex environment involving shared IC networks and multiple security enclaves
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.