Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world’s toughest problems. Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers’ needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
Are you an Application Support Analyst with experience working with customers bespoke systems? If you have a passion for outstanding support and a commitment to ensuring satisfied customers, then working for Leidos is the career move for you.
Due to continued growth, we have a requirement for Application Support Analysts to join our 24x7 support team. The shift pattern for these roles will be 4 days on and 4 days off covering both day and night shifts. Due to the nature of this role Security Clearance will be required so you must hold or have the ability to achieve Security Clearance.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
The Application Support Analyst will be based out of our Farnborough office to provide 24x7 support to bespoke applications. You will be expected to provide an excellent customer experience when supporting newly developed bespoke applications in a DevOps environment. Please note that travel to our site in Croydon may also be required on occasions in line with business requirements.
• Work with newly built applications on new technology stacks
• Provide support and maintenance to the bespoke applications
• Be responsible for critical applications
• Working within the defined SLAs
• Work closely with other support and development teams
• Create and update documentation where required
• Work on projects that a part of national infrastructure
• Require a drive to learn new technologies and methodologies
• Be required to have good communication skills (written and verbal)
• Be an excellent team player!
• Can translate technical issues to user friendly language
• Own technical issues and be able triage them towards logical conclusion
• Working knowledge of Linux
• Worked with/have an understating of application monitoring, alerting and management tools
• An understanding of ITIL principles and what they mean to support
• An understanding of DevOps/Agile
• An understanding of cloud-based technologies
• Preferable – Basic experience in AWS components such as EBS, Elk, RBS
• Preferable – Basic understanding for Kubernetes cluster
• Preferable – Basic understanding of Kafka
• Preferable – Ability to script in any of Bash, Python, SQL, Yaml
• Preferable – Ability to code in Java, Ansible
• Preferable - Understanding of Source Code Management/Version Control – preferably git
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
Being part of the Leidos team is a commitment to push yourself and those around you to do better, constantly adapt and learn new techniques. We’re a passionate team and are committed to developing and growing our staff.
During this role, you will be offered a career path through depending on your experiences. This role offers a variety of levels in engineering from L2-L4 (development) and Leidos will give you the opportunity to progress your way.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Shift:12 Hour Shift Pattern
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.