Leidos UK is looking for an experienced, and highly motivated Marketing and Communications Manager to join the team to support our Civil go to market strategy and employee communications.
The jobholder will require excellent communication skills in order to be credible and partner with the Leidos UK Civil leadership team including Business Development professionals. A vital part of the role is developing a thorough understanding of the strategic business drivers for Leidos, the sectors in which we operate and our clients.
The jobholder must be able to effectively communicate key business messages to a diverse internal and external audience in written and presentation formats and possess excellent project management skills.
The jobholder will report to the UK Marketing and Communications Director.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Leidos Civil Leadership team, Business Development Directors, Portfolio Directors and priority accounts to drive pipeline and pursuits for major opportunities
- Support proposition and campaign development to help shape messages to the UK market
- Communicate key leadership messages to the Leidos Civil employees working with key leadership functions including Managing Director, Finance, People and Culture and key programmes
- Along with capability leads and management team build external relationships with key industry bodies and opinion formers
- Attend and organize industry events, and ensure effective follow up on these events
- Contribute and develop ideas and insights from the UK community within Leidos and externally
- Be part of a core marketing and comms team to support and drive our UK brand in the marketplace
- Proven track record in Marketing/ Communications (ideally within a professional services environment, government or technology environment)
- Strong executive presence / ability to be seen as a visible business partner
- Strong experience developing client propositions and excellent project management skills.
- Proactive with a positive can do approach
- A sound business understanding - commercially and risk aware
- Excellent written and oral communication including presentation skills
- A dynamic, self-starter who seeks to innovate and can work effectively as part of a virtual team
About The Team
The UK Marketing and Communications Team is a centralised support function and covers all aspects of external and internal communications professional services marketing, and sales support. The prime area of focus for the function is to support the development and implementation of the firm’s market strategy and in particular to help deliver.
- Revenue growth
- Enhanced relationships and networks
- A distinctive brand experience for internal and external stakeholders
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Internal Communications
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.