Leidos is looking for a Tools Integration Software Developer to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced cryptographic key management program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. The multi-year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The Tools Integration Software Engineer will perform software development activities as a member of an agile development team. Development includes the full range of turning agile stories into implementable concepts, through development, testing and deployment of the new capabilities in this complex system. The Tools Integration Software Engineer will be responsible for creating COTS product tool workflows for the development and program management teams in setting up, tracking, and reporting on work progress across the program. This development effort enables all other development and management across the program. Following the TDD pattern our developers are responsible for implementing robust testing leveraging DEVOPS automation and use of test automation commercial tools, even applied to this tool integration effort. The selected individual will use COTS tool integration, script development, data normalization, data mapping, workflow development, and user interface (UI) development and a diverse array of structured, procedural, scripting, and declarative languages including Java, Python, Visual Basic, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), XML, and many others. The ideal candidate will have experience doing tool integration between COTS products and have an understanding of creating business process connections to aid in software development, project and program management.
The Tools Integration Software Engineer will be responsible for software development activities both individually as a member of an agile team. The software engineer will actively participate in program increment planning and related team activities. He/she will work with Systems Engineers to develop requirements for Tool Integration and analyze and study complex business and process requirements, use design software tools, create and manage data flow diagrams, and utilize other accepted design techniques with the use of Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools, and will use sound software engineering principles to ensure that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault tolerant, and reusable. The selected individual will provide software process management and control throughout the coding portion of the software development process and will promote code reuse and cross-program collaboration while reducing maintenance costs by creating common functions and shared actions for developers and testers. The selected individual will engineer, author, tune and document automation scripts in a development environment and deploy to the test/production bench.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least 12 years of related experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Specific experience with one or more of the following: Visual Basic, Java/JEE, Python, C/C++ , SQL, or Groovy
- Experience with User Interface development and databases and structures
- Experience working with XHTML, HTML, XML, XSLT
- Experience developing on Windows, and/or Linux operating systems
- Demonstrable experience doing COTS Tool Integration requiring custom code or scripting with several of the following: Visual Basic, Visual Basic for Applications, C#, Java, Python, PERL, PowerShell, Groovy, VBS
- Must have a strong understanding of sound software development principles and practices
- Must be able to plan and prioritize personal tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment
- Experience doing COTS Tool integration with Visual Basic, Visual Basic for Applications or Java
- Experience with high level requirements management including requirements decomposition, trade-off analysis, interface control, and testing and continuous integration
- Experience with project and program management processes for software development (e.g. Agile Scrum, Scaled Agile, Earned Value)
- At least 5 years of experience in software development on Agile teams using Agile Developer practices such as Pair Programming, TDD, Refactoring, and ATDD
- Experience with FITNesse, Mockito, Cucumber, Unified Functional Tester (UFT), Selenium
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) or Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with DevOps and Continuous Integration tooling
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology, SAFe Agilest Certification, or past experience as a member of an agile team
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.