Leidos is seeking a MS Sharepoint Developer to work on-site in support of the Civil Rights Division in Washington, DC. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice. From emails and instant messages, to electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference!
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
- Responsible for system implementation, orchestrating installation and testing.
- Works with other senior level technical staff, including Systems Engineers and Technical Analysts, to ensure that the system as designed and implemented meets the overall system objectives.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of IT systems and facilities set up by the Government to provide automated litigation support IT resources to specific cases. May be responsible for establishing systems and facilities.
- For existing systems and facilities, responsible for keeping the systems running; monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing system performance, including making recommendations for improving performance.
- Performing scheduled system backups; assigning user IDs and passwords; allocating and tracking disk space; providing consulting support and advice to, and coordinating with IT users responsible for specific applications/databases on the servers.
- Identifying and ordering needed supplies, hardware, software and accessories.
- Performing hardware and software upgrades.
- Implements and enforces system, facility, and data security measures, including resources and procedures for disaster recovery.
- Administers not only hardware and operating system software, but also database and other applications software.
- Coordinates with the COR and DOJ technical staff on all these issues, and coordinates with the DOJ office automation network administration staff on issues having to do with the network itself.
- Reports on progress.
- Develops tools for system-wide use in developing applications.
- Prepares system documentation.
Specific Tasks include:
1. Sites collection and site administration and maintenance (Backup - 20%).
2. Server side farm administration and maintenance (Primary – 60%) - CRTICAL PROVEN EXPERIENCE SharePoint on Prem 2016 with both office Online and workflow manager 2013.
- a. SharePoint Monthly Patching.
- b. Office Online Server (OOS) Patching.
- c. Workflow manager farm maintenance.
- d. Search health maintenance.
3. InfoPath form changes on InfoPath form designer (Primary – 10%.).
4. Workflow changes on SharePoint designer (Primary – 10%).
5. Evaluate and resolve SharePoint issues (Primary – 10%).
6. STIGS implementation on SharePoint and Workflow farm host (Primary – 10%).
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite 5 days a week in Washington, DC (once temporary Pandemic Remote work is over OR when asked to return in the office).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills):
- At least 8 years of hands-on, directly applicable experience actually doing the work of implementing the kinds of systems being set up - e.g., UNIX, Windows, Network Storage Solutions, etc. - will usually be expected.
- Have actually have done the work of designing, obtaining equipment and software, installing, integrating, testing, etc., in the environment required.
- Have experience with large systems with a complex mix of operating systems and functions.
- Have a good understanding of the specific applications and application software, e.g., Oracle, Relativity or other web hosting platforms, etc.
- CNE certification (Certified Netware Engineer) highly desirable.
- At least one year of experience setting up large scale database management applications, using the applicable database management software.
- Experience in storage technology planning, performance capacity planning and modeling, applications planning, human factors issues, distributed processing, and business process analysis.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the Government's IT environments, including office automation networks and PC and server based databases and applications.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the Government's security requirements.
- Litigation support experience highly valued.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Supervisory experience very strongly preferred.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
- Usually requires Bachelors degree and 8 plus years of relevant experience OR Masters and 6 plus years of relevant experience OR years of relevant experience maybe considered in lieu of degree. Preferably in the Computer Science OR Management Information/Technology disciplines.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.