Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
The Resource & Demand Planner is Responsible for the management and accurate tracking of strategic / focused demand and supply matching across the Leidos UK organisation. Reporting to the UK WorkForce Manager this role will work as part of a team to ensure, the right people, at the right time, at the right location with the right costs, to enable the achievement of significant growth targets for the UK organisation.
Key priorities to deliver
- You will be responsible for creating and managing labour allocations across the organisation by utilising client forecasts and business intelligence to make sure we have the right headcount in place across all projects and Bids.
- You will be responsible for accurate demand and supply data within the Leidos UK Workforce management tool
- Provide demand review outputs at both strategic and tactical levels, engaging with senior stakeholders and agreeing relevant sign-off & supporting processes
- Assist the Managing Directors of the organisations to translate business resourcing strategy into priorities and human capital needs
- Work closely with Talent Acquisition and development to ensure alignment with internal mobility and recruitment targets
- Review sales inputs and ensure an appropriate Sales Forecast is developed and consistently renewed
- Identify gaps in current supply or Demand plans and propose remedial action
- Use metrics to breakdown the business strategy to ensure the business is fully resourced to plan for the future and that the needs of the business are met over the coming years
- Provide a single source of management information of resource against demand. Plans; schedules; monitors and reports on activities related to the portfolio of resource demand across the organisation
- Support the creation of capacity and capability plans, taking into consideration existing activities across internal resources and demands
- Ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders to engage and challenge positively to enable change
- Manage staff resource against demand; allocating resources in conjunction with Delivery managers.
- You will also identify opportunities to cross train colleagues and build into the plan, along with liaising with Talent Acquisition and operations teams to ensure labour levels are in place to support volume,
- Attend weekly scheduling meetings to review schedules, forecasted performance and highlight risk areas / opportunities.
- Attend hire plan / forecasting calls with Resource Planner and Operations to understand campaign/client priorities, future planning and upcoming events.
- Communicate Resource Plans to Managing Directors to influence and ensure that ALL necessary actions are taken to deliver the Plan
- Ensure demand and supply interlocks and agreement are made appropriately to ensure timely allocation of resources
- Work with stakeholders in preparation of financial and FTE budget forecasts, to ensure consistency of budget submission to capacity models
Key knowledge and skills
- Have a proven track record in developing, delivering and implementing Strategic workforce planning strategies and toolsets
- Understanding of talent management and strategic workforce planning aims
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills with individuals and larger groups– in a style which is facilitative and collaborative
- The ability to work flexibly and at pace
- Logical and analytical thinker that can quickly evaluate information and make intelligent and confident decisions.
- Excellent attention-to-detail to ensure that output and communication from Workforce Management Team is consistent, professional and accurate.
- Self-Motivated and passionate about developing within the role and further developing the skills required for future career progression.
- The ability to manage workload effectively, ensuring prioritisation of tasks and publication of communications in line with required deadline
- Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and demonstrable experience of undertaking and summarising statistical analysis of multiple complex data sources
- Basic understanding of Financial P&L management
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a related discipline such as business administration or supply chain management
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills including proficiency in statistics, forecasting and interpreting data
- Experience with staff allocation and labour/resource planning across multiple departments
- Solid IT/systems experience with MS Office, particularly Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process
- Resilient communicator at all levels, including experience dealing with senior level professionals
- Strong numeracy skills, together with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proactive work ethic and prior experience of working to strict KPIs and deadlines
- Be looking to continuously improve and can demonstrate ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong time management and organisational skills
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Talent Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.