Leidos is seeking a V2X R&D Test Engineer to join our team! The Test Engineer will be a key part of the Leidos team supporting connected vehicle research at the FHWA Turner Fairbank Highway Research Center in McLean, VA. The successful candidate will be part of a larger research team that advances connected and automated vehicle technologies for the FHWA via developing, testing, and demonstrating new capabilities associated with vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication.
This is an opportunity for a hands-on Engineer who is motivated by variety, thrives in a challenging environment, seeks professional growth, and wants to be a key part of a team developing and extending technology that supports a variety of transportation research. This person will play a significant role in evaluating technologies developed both in-house and by others.
Location: McLean, VA
The successful candidate will work closely with software developers, systems engineers, and project managers to develop and execute test plans, identify and resolve defects, and improve the quality of the finished applications. The candidate should enjoy working in a lab environment and in real world settings developing and testing new solutions, tools, and opportunities to advance the state of technology and promote adoption.
· Interacting with the Federal customer and in-house development teams to identify and understand goals and resolve technical challenges.
· Building and maintaining trust with key FHWA stakeholders to facilitate communication on R&D priorities.
· Installing, managing, testing, and troubleshooting electronic and computer networking equipment.
· Configuring hardware and software.
· Tracking and reporting performance of devices and software under test.
· Producing clear and concise records of testing.
· Conducting demonstrations, meetings, and webinars.
· Writing technical reports and technical documentation.
· Contributing to proposals, work efforts, budgets, schedules, and work breakdown structures.
· Additional duties to include: RSE testing, automated test planning and development, software integration, system testing, and user documentation.
Systems of interest relate to the following:
· Vehicle-to-infrastructure and vehicle-to-vehicle communication hardware and standards
· Automated vehicles
· Traffic operations
· Intelligent transportation systems
Required Education & Experience:
· Bachelors or Master’s degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other scientific or engineering discipline with 2+ years’ experience. Directly related Associate’s degree with 4+ years’ directly relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
· Demonstrated experience through education or work history in testing and troubleshooting complex software and hardware systems
· Familiar with Linux and Windows Operating systems
· Experience with IPv4, IPv6, TCP/UDP, and networking in general
· Experience with creating and executing comprehensive test cases
· Ability to identify, record, document thoroughly, and track defects
· Hands-on setup of data collection hardware and software
· Self-motivated and ability to self-teach with minimal guidance
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Able to follow-through on commitments and deliver quality products ahead of or on schedule
· Ability to communicate technical issues clearly in English
· Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
· Holds a valid driver’s license in the US with a good driving record
· Your GPA needs to be included on your application and resume
Extra consideration given for experience in any of the following:
· Familiarity with C++, C#, C
· Experience working with Java, Python, SQL
· Understanding of connected and/or automated vehicle operations
· Awareness of the systems engineering process
· Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS)
· Experience with Jira, Git, Maven, and Gradle
· Understanding of connected vehicle and ITS standards, such as SAE J2735, IEEE 1609, IEEE 802.11, NTCIP 1202
· Experience with software development
· Geospatial positioning (e.g. GPS) and position correction (e.g. RTCM)
· Network administration/engineering
· Wireless communications, particularly DSRC, cellular, or Wi-Fi
· Data management
· Experience in analysis of wireless, RF and communications/cellular network performance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.