Leidos has an opening for a Senior Unix Systems Engineer on a team providing Redhat Linux systems (Unix) support in a multi-site enterprise data center environment.
ESA V is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Work independently and as part of a team, performing high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of complex Redhat systems (Unix) supporting applications that require a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills
- Performs all duties of Redhat administration including installation, configuration, securing, performance tuning, and troubleshooting
- Apply higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at an engineering solution
- Prepares technical reports and related documentation, and makes charts and graphs as needed to record results
- Prepare and deliver presentations and briefings as required by the Task Order
- May be required to serve as Team Leader
- Responsible for ensuring the quality and services delivered for particular task(s)
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years’ experience as a Unix System Administrator – Operational experience with RHEL7. High school diploma with additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Must have an active Top Secret clearance
- 3+ years deploying Unix in a secured environments, i.e., DISA
- 3+ years using Redhat Satellite
- 3+ years building and configuring Linux VMs
- Experience documenting system processes for Unix environments
- Experience with Redhat Satellite Server and Redhat Clustering
- Knowledge of VMWare and Azure
- Ability to communicate and convey information (orally and in writing) to a diverse audience, including management, non-technical, and technical staff
- Experience with supporting Linux VMs running in VMWare environment
- Experience with supporting Linux VMs running in Azure environment
- RHEL8 experience
- DISA environment hardening experience
- Experience with Ansible / Ansible Tower
- BMC Remedy experience
- Complex korn shell (ksh) or bash scripting
- Pseries Linux
- Ability to apply user requirements to the analysis, planning, and design of technology systems.
- Experience with SELINUX
- Experience with AIDE
- Understanding of networking concepts such as routing and subnets
- Experience with iptables
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to the Government Lead.
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency.
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
- Ability to interface with all customer levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.