Leidos is searching for a Systems Administrator, Senior supporting our AITC team remotely. A Senior System Administrator has the thorough knowledge to create plans to assure effective management, operations, and maintenance of systems and/or networks. Manages teams of system admins and is able to prioritize work and identify high risk critical problems and dedicate appropriate resources. Has extensive knowledge of a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems.
- Install, configure, operate and maintain Veritas NetBackup 8.3 data protection software for VACO and CRRC Environment.
- Implement and manage upgrades to Veritas NetBackup software
- Create backup schedules policies, backup and restore policies and assign servers as needed.
- Daily Monitoring and troubleshooting of server/data backup issues as may arise using Veritas NetBackup 8.3
- Train other System Administrators on backup/restore management SOP
- Delist and remove decommissioned servers and network resources from backup software
- Add/Remove all VACO/CRRC virtual servers to Veritas NetBackup 8.3 software as needed
- Provide VMWare/vSphere support of monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting backup of virtual servers
- Manage User/Role/Group Access to NFS/CIFS based Shared Network Resources using Active Directory.
- Respond to EMC Unity NAS disk Failure/Usage/Network Connectivity alerts
- Respond to Incidents, Service Catalog Tasks and Change Management Task in ServiceNow for Region 4 D1 Storage Team.
- Represent VACO and CRRC Backup team at change management meetings
- Act as liaison between Franchise Fund and Region 4 Storage management Team to ensure VACO/CRRC data is adequately protected
- Any other tasks that may be assigned by the data storage management team supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline is required with 5 years of experience.
- 13 years of relevant experience substituted for degree.
- Us Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- Experience with Veritas NetBackup
- Experience with VMWare/vSphere
- Experience with EMC Unity
- Experience as Configuration Manager
- Experience with Incidents, Service Catalog Tasks and Change Management Tasks in ServiceNow
- Experience monitoring and troubleshooting servers/data backup issues
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Highly motivated to learn new technology.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.