Leidos Government Health & Safety Solutions is seeking a Project Manager, contingent upon contract award, on a large network services opportunity supporting the National Institute of Health (NIH) in the Bethesda, MD area.
The Project Manager position is a highly visible strategic position to ensure exceptional project management in delivery of network services to NIH. They will provide management and oversight for network systems and devices required to provide secure and always-on infrastructure services in a 24x7 environment including all aspects of operations and maintenance (O&M), change management and cybersecurity. Responsible for strategic direction and development of cost and operational models to align with the customer’s changing operational needs. The person in this position will work directly with the NIH and the Leidos leadership teams to ensure success of all aspects of project including team leadership, client relationships, management of contract execution, oversight of strategic initiatives, supporting proposal and capture activities, and other support responsibilities.
The Project Manager will provide overall direction of project activities, manage and maintain contractor interface with the customer’s organization, consult with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverables, ensure conformance with project task schedules and costs and contractual obligations. The Project Manager will establish and maintain technical and financial reports to show progress of projects to management and customers, organize and assign responsibilities to subordinates, oversee the successful completion of all assigned tasks, and assume the initiative and provide support to marketing personnel in identifying and acquiring potential business.
- Provide strategic & tactical direction including strategy to action plan for the NIH CIT Network Services projects
- Actively engage other organizations within Leidos on collaboration efforts that ensure that we deliver the best product and solutions to NIH
- Oversee operational execution and financial aspects of contract deliverables, cost, and schedule to achieve all key performance indicators, service level agreements, and annual operating plan commitments
- Provide operational oversight, coaching to front line leaders, mentoring and developing of staff and succession planning for the project
- Lead staff to achieve a high degree of customer affinity and maintain the growth of a positive Leidos brand recognition within NIH
- Develop employee base to achieve high degree of employee retention and performance
- Manage organizational compliance within Leidos policies and procedures
- Through personal example, set the tone and direction for moral and ethical leadership for the NIH CIT Network Services program. Continue to build a culture grounded in the Leidos values, beliefs, and expectations and highest standards of ethical and respectful behavior. Promote improved transparency and cross-group collaboration
- 10 years of project management experience for comparable Network and Security Services projects with performance incentives/disincentives tied to Service Level Agreements
- Certified PMP (Active certification required)
- ITIL V3 Foundations certification
- Agile development methodologies
- Experience in leading teams of 25-50 people and financial responsibility of $8-10M annually on FFP and T&M contract types
- Knowledge of network operation, applications, hardware, monitoring, and operating systems, supporting approximately 45,000 users
- Experience managing subcontractors including development of SOWs and financial oversight
- Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management
- Expertise and working knowledge of cost account management, risk management, staffing, sales growth, direct customer communication with customer leaders/executives
- Information Technology experience in managing multiple, cross-functional teams or projects and advising senior level management and key stakeholders
- Sound knowledge of OSI network layers
- Experience with network, security, infrastructure architecture activities and tasks on a medium to large government IT Infrastructure project with 24x7 mission support requirements; Network Design and Development; Data Center Services; Site to Site / Remote Access Virtual Private Network (VPN) Services; Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) Services; Network Backbone Services; Internet Service Provider (ISP) Services; Local Area Network (LAN); Wide Area Network (WAN) Services; Voice over IP (VoIP); Wireless Networks; IP Address Management (IPAM) Services; Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Services; Cloud Network Services; Firewall; Web Filtering; Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS); Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS); Network Access Control (NAC); Domain Name Systems (DNS); Application Delivery/Load Balancing; Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificate Management; Traffic/Infrastructure Monitoring; System Accreditation and Authorization
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering
- Previous networking experience or industry certifications are a plus (i.e. CCNA, CCDP, CCNP, CISSP, advanced ITIL certifications, etc)
- Demonstrated current and significant relationships with NIH, HHS or comparable civil government executives and mid-level managers, particularly in IT operations, network and security services
- Successful record of capturing new business at NIH, HHS, or comparable civil government customers for opportunities with at least a 10% growth
- Good understanding of Cisco and other vendors network devices and software
- Experience with ServiceNow
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.