Associate Project Manager / Electric Utilities Charlotte NC
Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for an Associate Project Manager who will work with various client project managers and will be part of a team completing electric utility substation and/or transmission line engineering projects.
The Associate Project Manager will be part of an established Power Delivery Services team that provides consulting services to public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities. Our consulting services provide clients with overall project management tasks in the areas of comprehensive engineering design of electrical transmission and distribution, substation and transmission line projects nationwide.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Working with Project Managers to track and execute client milestone deliverables
• Assist projects managers, and other project team personnel of varying disciplines, in or to: execute milestone goals and manage cost and schedules, while ensuring contract compliance. The position will initially have limited but increasing client facing responsibilities, such as assisting with: schedules, budgets, resource loading, and contract management
• Create and maintenance client and office schedules
• Development of controls reports to produce weekly/monthly financial documents for client and internal management review
• Assist with the preparation of bid documents, development of requests for proposal responses and cost estimates
• Monthly client invoicing
• Project planning and business development opportunities
• Resource loading analysis
• Risk identification
• Maintenance of client action item lists and project meeting notes
• Generation of weekly reports to clients
• Requires a Bachelors of Art or Science degree (Engineering, Business or Finance) and 2+ years of prior relevant experience: a Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience will also be considered
• Excellent project management skills, with the ability and desire to obtain PMP Certification within three years
• Must have the capability for planning, organizing, directing and tracking technical efforts on assigned tasks
• Experience with MS Project and/or Primavera P6
• Should be capable of tracking cost and schedule status of assigned tasks
• Ability to take direction from and discuss decisions with supervisor, and to coordinate with peers on project
• Must be able to interact with customer representatives in an effective manner in briefings meetings
• Must have demonstrated success with a team approach to the consulting business
• Strong writing and verbal presentation skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.