The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking an Infrastructure Architect to support our work with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. This opportunity can be fully remote as well.
- Develop automation solutions using Ansible Tower for infrastructure and applications provisioning and management
- Maintain and ensure the ongoing stability and continuous operations of the infrastructure, data platforms, and software applications serving about 1 million active users
- Develop operational processes and solutions for deployment, monitoring, and management of the multiple software systems and components including COTS, open-source, and custom-built applications
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in automation by leading multiple concurrent projects and assessments
- Design, architect, and implement a secure, AWS-based server and network infrastructure following Infrastructure-as-a-Code principles
- Partner with the Network Engineers, System Administrators and Security Team to enhance the network connectivity and security solutions for the cloud environment
- Propose and implement system enhancements to provide additional functionality and address new virtual infrastructure and security requirements
- Diagnose and resolve system and infrastructure problems quickly
- Enforce best practices for in-cloud and on-premise infrastructure systems, communicate these to development organization, and monitor and enforce compliance
- Research and prototype new products, tools, technologies
- Maintain architecture processes and technical documentation of the IT infrastructure and operational best practices
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in a System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field and 12 years of overall engineering experience.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Certification
- 5+ years of experience of leading the design, development and deployment of IT systems for an enterprise organization in AWS and migrating on-premise systems to the cloud
- Strong background with infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting including shell, Python, Ansible and PowerShell
- Experience delivering solutions and administering systems in a cloud environment using laaS and PaaS offerings
- Experience in creating, maintaining and deploying Linux and Windows Gold Image
- Expertise in designing and implementing VPCs, VPC routing, and VPC security
- Expert knowledge of integration of cloud services with on premise and virtual technologies from Microsoft, RHEL, Oracle, HP etc.
- Hands-on Experience with Red Hat Linux and Windows Server operating systems in a virtualized environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with experience working in a highly collaborative on-site environment
- Proven experience preparing and presenting technical documentation to various audiences.
- Hands-on experience in maintaining and supporting large enterprise systems in a production environment
- Ability to work on multiple assignments or projects in parallel, balancing time and schedule based on the business priorities of the organization
Clearance: Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.