The Government Health and Safety Operation has an opening for a Data Engineer/Analyst to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
• Collaborate with Solution & Enterprise Architects, Business analysts, DBAs and others to understand business requirements
• Able to work independently with BA and PM to gather requirements, perform data discovery, come up with data model, work with data engineers to build data pipeline, and work with developers to answer their questions.
• Extensively used ETL methodologies for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing, in a corporate-wide-ETL Solution.
• Expertise in Conceptual Data Modeling, Logical Data Modeling, Physical Data Modeling, Enterprise Data Warehouse Design, DataMart Design, Metadata, Data Quality, Master Data Management and Master Data/Data Governance using Erwin
• Technical experience in information architecture, data architecture, data modeling, data governance, ETL design, data quality and BI-analytics.
• Ability to understand complex business processes to derive conceptual and logical data models.
• Lead complex discussions and engagements that may involve multiple project teams from client.
• Experience designing relational data models, analytical data models and non-relational data models for OLTP and advanced analytic applications.
• Expert in designing complex and semantically rich data structures.
• Worked with OLTP/data warehouse modeling, and play key role in multiple projects and act as knowledge expert (Technical, Functional).
• Ability to optimize and performance tune SQL queries
• Good data analysis, problem solving and SQL skills.
BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Expertise on NoSQL data modeling using Hackolade tool for databases like MongoDB, HBASE, Hive and JSON Schema.
• Familiar with machine learning and advanced analytic application development.
• Experience working in large-scale cloud database environments is a plus.
• Ability to create dashboards in Tableau or Webfocus using various sources like database, CSV files, XL spreadsheets etc.
• Experience in PostGreSQL / Greenplum database is good to have
• Provide suggestions and guidance to different MI/BI projects, based on best practices, optimal solutions, and project standards
• Excellent communication skills and ability to convey complex topics through effective documentation as well as presentation.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.