The Government health and Safety Solutions Operation has a need for a BI Data Analyst to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
As part of enterprise data warehouse team and enterprise data architect team, the BI Data Analyst helps the leaders and works with many other BI projects to come onboard using Enterprise Data Warehouse and advanced analytic platform. The BI analyst will work with project leads, enterprise data architects, development teams and DBAS to perform data analysis, implement data strategies, build data flows, and develop conceptual data models using best practice. The BI analyst will provide guidance to other BI project development teams to follow standard guidelines and best practices.
- The position requires a Bachelor Degree with 5+ years’ experience in BI related fields with progressively increased level of responsibility in data analysis, data modeling, BI development, database development and SQL experiences.
- Good understanding with BI development life cycle, data architect, metadata management, data marts and related methodologies.
- Experience in data modeling for operational and data warehousing
- Experience with data lake, big data, AWS and cloud-based databases, MPP database technologies such as Greenplum and PostgreSQL is a plus
- Familiar with data replication methodology.
- Experience in analyzing and building reports / dashboards using Tableau is advantageous
- Proficient in discussing the project architecture with solution architects and Enterprise architect teams.
- Possesses a strong passion for data analytics.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Outstanding SQL skills
- Proficient with Erwin Data Modeler tools to build data models. Ability to create model from scratch and modify existing complex models as per the Enterprise standards.
- Able to multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with multiple teams and users for more than one project, at the same time,
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively and efficiently collaborate with others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required mandatory.
BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.